+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weidman: P*ssed off Silva will be easier to beat

Jesus....fuckin Jimmy The Greek in this bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    2 judges had it for Weidman and one for Anderson.

Hardly any dominating going on in either round up until the KO.

If anything, Weidman was given credit for engaging and the takedown where he did nothing.

He was 1 of 3 in takedowns. Only landed 6 more strikes than AS (2 significant), and was simply swinging at air while Anderson mocked him.
    He made Anderson's eyes roll with that takedown where he did "NOTHING" lmao

At no point was Anderson winning that fight, dancing around and looking the fool doesn't score points.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post

At no point was Anderson winning that fight, dancing around and looking the fool doesn't score points.

I think it's more about the use of the word "dominating." At no point was Weidman "dominating" Anderson either.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    I think it's more about the use of the word "dominating." At no point was Weidman "dominating" Anderson either.
    I agree but he was winning......everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post

I must have completely missed that....as Anderson sprawled it and simply was pulled down with a leg pick. When the F did his eyes roll back on a leg pick?

Edit: Watched 4 times, no eyes rolling. Weidman kept the grip on his thigh and arched and rolled. Looked like a leg pick but he still had grip from the front.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 08-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I must have completely missed that....as Anderson sprawled it and simply was pulled down with a leg pick. When the F did his eyes roll back on a leg pick?
    Not sure if you rewatched the fight or not but Chris corked him a few good times in top control and during an interview Chris said he seen his eyes roll. He got hit HARD on the ground more then once so saying he did nothing is kinda silly.

He hit him twice flush on the ground. He rolled with everything else from the 4 times I've rewatched it. Weidman went for a heel hook in response to Anderson going for a leg as well. Neither did dick with that either.

I had the first round as a 10/10. Domination is not a good descriptor for it, in any way.

Interestingly, I think it looked a lot like the Davis/Machida fight. Like Davis, Weidman was busier, I had him landing more strikes, but I didn't have him close to finishing. I'd be interested in hearing from guys who had Davis winning that bout though...they certainly must have had Chris winning the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Keeping your hands down and getting KTFO is a small technical mistake?
    Anderson did not get knocked the fuck out. It was a flash KO.

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    That's how he has fought though. That didn't change in the Weidman fight. I'm only speaking of the difference in this fight. Of course that is a HUGE technical mistake, but he has been undefeated how long now while doing that?
    For about as long as he's enjoyed reach advantages on his opponents. That played a huge role in his miscalculations, in my opinion.

This will be interesting. No telling how a fighter reacts to a loss, reacts to losing a belt.
    I'm certain Anderson will make adjustments, it's a question of what they will be--and whether Weidman will be able to anticipate them and make adjustments of his own.

If Anderson pulls a BJ Penn and listens to guys who tell him he was "winning" that first round--or worse, dominating/making Weidman look bad, etc--he's in for a bad night. He'll need to adapt to get the belt back.

How awesome would it be if Anderson came out to Redemption Song?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I had the first round as a 10/10. Domination is not a good descriptor for it, in any way.

Interestingly, I think it looked a lot like the Davis/Machida fight. Like Davis, Weidman was busier, I had him landing more strikes, but I didn't have him close to finishing. I'd be interested in hearing from guys who had Davis winning that bout though...they certainly must have had Chris winning the first.

Anderson did not get knocked the fuck out. It was a flash KO.

For about as long as he's enjoyed reach advantages on his opponents. That played a huge role in his miscalculations, in my opinion.

This will be interesting. No telling how a fighter reacts to a loss, reacts to losing a belt.
    I'm certain Anderson will make adjustments, it's a question of what they will be--and whether Weidman will be able to anticipate them and make adjustments of his own.

If Anderson pulls a BJ Penn and listens to guys who tell him he was "winning" that first round--or worse, dominating/making Weidman look bad, etc--he's in for a bad night. He'll need to adapt to get the belt back.

How awesome would it be if Anderson came out to Redemption Song?

rh
    You gave the first round a 10/10? I thought it was clearly [at least to me] a Weidman round. It wasn't domination by any means but nothing happened in the striking and the only action happened on the ground which was definitely in Weidman's favour.

I gave it to Weidman as well but domination is simply a horrible description of the fight prior to the KO.

Weidman got a takedown, advanced position and had 2 sub attempts. Anderson landed some flush leg kicks and a couple straight lefts that got Weidman's attention. Weidman hit him flush twice on the ground and beat on his ribs.

Weidman's round but no one dominated it and it was a typical Silva start.

11. 08-22-2013, 10:58 PM

Reason
    wrong thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information