+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Weidman: P*ssed off Silva will be easier to beat

he is wrong about this...anderson silva actually fighting with his hands up is a scary thought.

KTFO means that the guy is flattened and unable to move for a minute to several minutes.

That shit did not happen to Anderson. So many Weidman nuthuggers up in here. Thanks for comin' out, though.

PS: Weidman did not convincingly win round one and was looking a couple steps behind Anderson until he landed the KO combo. You gotta throw the punch to land it, but that was luck combined with Silva's arrogance or Weidman was lucky that Anderson was that arrogant. Pick whichever you like.

I still don't like the fact that Silva said hes not changing his strategy. Ofcourse he could always be trollin the media.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I still don't like the fact that Silva said hes not changing his strategy. Ofcourse he could always be trollin the media.
    Why would he tell his opponent of the weaknesses he has found after reviewing the tapes?

Silva is undoubtedly attempting to mislead the media and by default, Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    You gave the first round a 10/10? I thought it was clearly [at least to me] a Weidman round. It wasn't domination by any means but nothing happened in the striking and the only action happened on the ground which was definitely in Weidman's favour.
    I'm a big fan of Weidman, I may have expected too much. I've rewatched the second round more than the first. I can go back and watch it again.

My point was anyone who had Anderson winning that first round is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    he is wrong about this...anderson silva actually fighting with his hands up is a scary thought.
    You're assuming fighting emotionally means technically sound. Anderson might look to prove he can beat anyone with his hands low.

It's a crapshoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    KTFO means that the guy is flattened and unable to move for a minute to several minutes.

That shit did not happen to Anderson. So many Weidman nuthuggers up in here. Thanks for comin' out, though.

PS: Weidman did not convincingly win round one and was looking a couple steps behind Anderson until he landed the KO combo. You gotta throw the punch to land it, but that was luck combined with Silva's arrogance or Weidman was lucky that Anderson was that arrogant. Pick whichever you like.
    Seriously, how did he look behind Anderson? He took him down, he hurt him.
    How is it luck that Anderson fought the way Anderson generally fights wrestlers, but misjudged the distance?

It's pretty clear that you're an Anderson fanboy...but thanks for coming out.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    It's pretty clear that you're an Anderson fanboy...but thanks for coming out.

rh
    Indeed I am a fan.

I can appreciate the art created by both fighters but it was not the beatdown that many ascribe to what happened.

Indeed I am a fan.

I can appreciate the art created by both fighters but it was not the beatdown that many ascribe to what happened.
    It was a beatdown. Anderson got KOd. That's the very definition of a beatdown.

If you want to take exception with someone saying he was "dominated" in the first round, fine. It doesn't erase two facts: Anderson did not win the first round, and in the following round, Chris Weidman beat him the fuck down and took his title.

Any other interpretation is nonsense.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

If you want to take exception with someone saying he was "dominated" in the first round, fine.

rh
    Which is what I was meaning.

Which is what I was meaning.
    With that level of semantic supersensitivity, I assume you'll have no concern with anyone who takes exception to your statement that erroneously stated Chris "looked a couple steps behind Anderson," or any of the nonsense you mentioned about luck.

those represent as grievous an overstatement as saying Weidman "dominated" the first.

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

With that level of semantic supersensitivity, I assume you'll have no concern with anyone who takes exception to your statement that erroneously stated Chris "looked a couple steps behind Anderson," or any of the nonsense you mentioned about luck.

those represent as grievous an overstatement as saying Weidman "dominated" the first.

rh
    It happens. Obviously I was emotionally invested in the result as I was with Fedor's losses. I do not attempt to be a beacon of logic.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information