Thread: Frank Mir not ready to give up championship dream

Default Frank Mir not ready to give up championship dream

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/21/46...ship-dream-mma
    Not Mir, who declared during the UFC 164 media conference call that he still has championship dreams and isn't ready to give up on them just yet.

His words:

"I don't concede the fact of just trying to put on great fights. Obviously, the outcome of my drive is to actually work back towards the title. I don't see it as a situation where that's no longer within my grasp. The training I'm doing now, where I'm at in life, being only 34 years of age, I don't really see it as an issue to concede to the fact that 'Oh I'm only going to fight to be an entertaining fight just added onto a card.' That's just not where I'm at in my life."

Mir recently decided to switch things up and head down to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to get some training under the tutelage of Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn prior to his UFC on FOX 7 clash against Cormier.

Attaboy Mir, get that strap back. Only person I don't see him having an actual chance to beat is Cigano. Last time my two favorite heavyweights met, it didn't turn out well for Frankie
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

He is really talented,and he has shown even in his older age that he is willing and able to make changes to his game. He could easily back door himself into a title fight,the division is pretty thin and DC is moving to LHW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Eh. We'll see. Anything is possible.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information