http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/22...oints-mma-news

Last night on Fox Sports Live, UFC president Dana White said that if Wanderlei Silva was healthy and accepted the offer to fight Chael Sonnen, it would be the co-main event of UFC 167: GSP vs. Hendricks. According to White, Silva will not fight Sonnen unless he receives PPV points. Via MMA Fighting:

"[Silva] said he won't fight him unless he gets PPV [points] so I guess he's gonna retire," White wrote via text message.

When asked what he plans on doing with Sonnen next, White wrote, "we will figure it out."
Silva hasn't fought since KOing Brian Stann in a memorable main event in Japan in March. His feud with Sonnen has been well documented, but no actual fight has ever been officially made. This is as close as we've come to an actual agreement, but for the time being this fight is on hold. I can't say I can ever recall Silva bringing up PPV points in the past so this would be a first.

There's also been plenty of buzz over a potential Chael Sonnen/Vitor Belfort clash, but with Belfort fighting Dan Henderson in November it certainly makes things interesting as far as who Chael will fight next. The UFC could push hard on Wanderlei to fight Sonnen anyway, or give Sonnen a contender type fight at 185 or 205 against the likes of Phil Davis, Rashad Evans, Ronaldo Souza (if he beats Yushin Okami), etc. We've got ourselves another "wait and see" game on our hands as Sonnen awaits his next opponent.