Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva won't fight Chael Sonnen unless he receives PPV points

You aren't supposed to appreciate things more, you are supposed to gradually grow to hate everything. Now get off my lawn!
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    That video was Wandy finally playing the same game Sonnen does. He even requests a 5 round main event, so he in can have 30 minutes to punch him. But, clearly, a main event is the only way Wandy gets points.
    I don't think any of us have any idea of what points mean. But I certainly don't see giving them to sonnen and not Wandi.

RH - I think those comments are pretty biased. Saying the only thing Sonnen has accomplished is talk completely disregards both his high level of success and the fact that his recent losses have been to two of the most dominant champions in history. Sonnen may not be a HOF'er but he's a solid fighter with real accomplishments in the sport.
    I'm biased, for sure. He's had success, but he hasn't come close to contributing to MMA at the level Wandi has.

But point taken, for sure.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I haven't been on here in a while.

Points= money. Noted.

When I first started watching MMA I thought Dana White was awesome. He made me laugh. He really did do a lot to grow the sport in the era I began watching. Now I can't wait for him to retire and for someone more professional to take his place. The guy is a jackass and I really think he does more harm than good for the sport now. Just pay the guy. I would pay to watch Silva fight over Sonnen anyday. And that's messed up for Dana to go public with this and suggest that Silva should retire. Sure, all the Pride guy seem to be on their way out, but Silva is coming off a solid win over a solid opponent.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Points means percentage points. It's not that hard to continue to use it in such a manner once you understand what it means. Google "Math Percentage Points" if you still don't know what it means.

MMA, and all combat sports, are of the mentality of "what have you done for me lately?" That includes the purse of a fighter. Wandy is 4-5 in the UFC and 5-7 since Sept 2006. Sure they have been against high-profile opponents, but the record still stands. Despite him being a legend, in no way should he be paid more than Sonnen at present, as Wanderlei is in the twilight of his career. If anything, Silva has extended his career beyond the point he should have. Were I in Dana's position: I would give him the points, but also tell him he is nearing do-or-die time and to start saving because he is nearing the point of where Liddell reached.

6. Default

Many on here know Wandi for what he was, but the casual fan may only know the less than stellar performace Wandi has put out in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Many on here know Wandi for what he was, but the casual fan may only know the less than stellar performace Wandi has put out in the last few years.
    There's gotta be something you wanna follow that up with.

He has put on some awesome performances in the UFC. I can't argue that, and I don't like him at all.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Points means percentage points. It's not that hard to continue to use it in such a manner once you understand what it means. Google "Math Percentage Points" if you still don't know what it means.
    Thank you Captain Obvious. No Google needed.

And thank you for coming off like a condescending asshole. It made me laugh.
    Last edited by RearNakedStroke; 08-25-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information