Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva won't fight Chael Sonnen unless he receives PPV points

What does google mean?
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    MMA, and all combat sports, are of the mentality of "what have you done for me lately?"
    As was already pointed out, Wandi has 3 OTN bonuses in his last three fights. Sonnen has one in his whole career. They're both 3-3 in their last six fights. See? Statistics are funny, especially when they're skewed.

More importantly, I don't think anyone is arguing that Wandi should get paid more than sonnen. Personally, my take is that if sonnen is getting points--and I have no idea if he is--it stands to reason that Wandi should get points as well.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

If Chael is getting a piece of the ppv buys then give them to Wandy too.. If Chael isn't, then I don't think Wandy deserves them either. That's how I see it.

Pay 'em both. Let them fight. It'll be good. And if it were a co-main event to GSP/Hendricks, that further bolsters a card that can and should produce a good buy rate. They like money, right?

Just curious has anyone else factored in that Silva actually makes alot more show/win money then Chael does into this conversation ? And perhaps that is a reason for Sonnen to get PPV points and not Silva.
    Last edited by Rise; 08-25-2013 at 06:00 AM.

I would argue that Sonnen does deserve more money considering how much money he generates for the company through hyping the fights. I hate that MMA is sold by the UFC more through hyping than the merit of the sport itself, but unfortunately that is the way it is. I do realize that Wanderlei is a draw as well, but I'm willing to bet that the UFC believes that Sonnen has made them more money. I also believe that Sonnen is currently ranked higher than Wanderlei so if you want to go that route then Sonnen gets the edge there, but I do admit that Sonnen's ranking is difficult to place due to the weight class switch. If you want to say that his current contract should be based on what he has did over the course of his mma career including his pre UFC days then yes, Wanderlei deserves more money, no doubt at all.
    USA! USA! USA!

Rise, I have been wondering why everybody is acting like the UFC pays Wanderlei in hotdogs and Brazilian flags.
    USA! USA! USA!

There is a recent video of Wanderlei talking for 4 minutes, preteding to be so angry and threatening Sonnen, and even saying that he just got lucky against Shogun because Shogun was going to beat him up.

I really like Wand a lot, but with all this exaggerated efforts of doing trash talk, and asking much more money, I actually think that he does not want that fight at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Heres my question, is Wandy a Light heavyweight fighter? or a Middle weight fighter? Or a 190-195 pound fighter?

Stann fight was at 205, Franklin was at 190, Lee was at middle weight, leben & Bisping at 185, and finally Franklin again only this time at 195...If you wanna talk rankings in any division how is wandy in your top 10, or even 15 for that matter. how a guy not even close to being ranked top 10 in any division ask for ppv points is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    how a guy not even close to being ranked top 10 in any division ask for ppv points is beyond me.
    Based on the fact that during his run he is top 5 GOAT.

People will either have the opinion that he more than deserves his dues after giving us fans such phenomenal fights or say he is nowhere near a top rank fighter nowadays thus he does not deserve the kind of compensation that goes well into the lower-mid to mid hundreds of thousands per fight.

I am of the opinion that each should get PPV% if they are co-main but don't think this matchup is worthy of being a main event.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 08-25-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Thread Information