Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva won't fight Chael Sonnen unless he receives PPV points

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Better question: Is Wandy still worth PPV points?
    Indeed a good question. I would say he isn't worth the points. He's not a fighter that would make or break me getting a PPV. He's fun to watch but not a main event draw for me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Like I said let Sonnen fight Glover
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Like I said let Sonnen fight Glover
    Sonnen is the Brazilian Hunter after all.

That is good. I do not wanna see Wand lose to that clown
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Better question: Is Wandy still worth PPV points?
    His name alone draws more then 90% of the fighters out there so I say why not?

and before anyone one jumps all over me yes I made the % up..... u get my drift.

At first, I thought this was a poor bluff on Wanderlei's part because he didn't want to take the Sonnen fight. But after thinking about it, he did just KO Stann in a main event, so I can't blame him for seeking PPV points on the package. Especially if his opponent (Sonnen) is earning PPV points. He does have a legitimate gripe.

I don't think it bodes well for Wandy that Dana went public with their beef over $$$. Dana doesn't like to lose arguments, especially those in the public forum. He put the Wandy "retirement" suggestion out as a threat--translation: accept the fight or you won't fight for us again.

Didn't they try to make this fight before, but an "injury" prevented Wandy from accepting. I wonder if that "injury" was really a dispute about PPV points that still hasn't been resolved, and is now spilling over into the public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    His name alone draws more then 90% of the fighters out there so I say why not?

and before anyone one jumps all over me yes I made the % up..... u get my drift.
    I think you're 100% correct in estimating that Wandy's name value outdraws (at least) 90% of UFC fighters. PRIDE never dies. And Wandy knows that with GSP headlining, there will be plenty of PPV purchases.

Usually the controversies concerning fighter compensation revolve around the low-tier fighters who make the UFC minimum. It will be interesting to see how the UFC treats one of their stars, especially a guy who has some leverage, because obviously Wandy's made some money along the way and can afford to accept fights on his own terms.

And he should get em if you ask me.

Silva at this point might not be as big of a draw as he once was but with the history, trash talk and hype the Sonnen Wandy beef will sell this fight, give Wandy some fucking PPV points.

A pissed off Wanderlei is one we would all to pay watch fight, a pissed off Wanderlei being unleashed on a top notch shit talker is the perfect match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    And he should get em if you ask me.

Silva at this point might not be as big of a draw as he once was but with the history, trash talk and hype the Sonnen Wandy beef will sell this fight, give Wandy some fucking PPV points.

A pissed off Wanderlei is one we would all to pay watch fight, a pissed off Wanderlei being unleashed on a top notch shit talker is the perfect match.
    Wandy turned into a nice guy with age. I don't think I've seen him angry in years in any interview.

Wandy turned into a nice guy with age. I don't think I've seen him angry in years in any interview.
    You seen him angry in the video where he told Sonnen he would lose his teeth if he kept running his mouth, I think he would be angry for this fight.

Thread Information