Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva won't fight Chael Sonnen unless he receives PPV points

1. Default Wanderlei Silva won't fight Chael Sonnen unless he receives PPV points

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/22...oints-mma-news

Last night on Fox Sports Live, UFC president Dana White said that if Wanderlei Silva was healthy and accepted the offer to fight Chael Sonnen, it would be the co-main event of UFC 167: GSP vs. Hendricks. According to White, Silva will not fight Sonnen unless he receives PPV points. Via MMA Fighting:

"[Silva] said he won't fight him unless he gets PPV [points] so I guess he's gonna retire," White wrote via text message.

When asked what he plans on doing with Sonnen next, White wrote, "we will figure it out."
    Silva hasn't fought since KOing Brian Stann in a memorable main event in Japan in March. His feud with Sonnen has been well documented, but no actual fight has ever been officially made. This is as close as we've come to an actual agreement, but for the time being this fight is on hold. I can't say I can ever recall Silva bringing up PPV points in the past so this would be a first.

There's also been plenty of buzz over a potential Chael Sonnen/Vitor Belfort clash, but with Belfort fighting Dan Henderson in November it certainly makes things interesting as far as who Chael will fight next. The UFC could push hard on Wanderlei to fight Sonnen anyway, or give Sonnen a contender type fight at 185 or 205 against the likes of Phil Davis, Rashad Evans, Ronaldo Souza (if he beats Yushin Okami), etc. We've got ourselves another "wait and see" game on our hands as Sonnen awaits his next opponent.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

If you ask me it kinda sounds like Wandy expects to lose and only wants the fight if he is going to make major bank.

I'd like to see him fight rashad or Davis.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

WTF is this uttter kife bullshit? Dana is supposed to love wandy and the Fact that his odd's dont look good against chael who's gunna get PPV points this man is a fucking legend and should deserve a lil flow for this fight considering how fuckin retardedly Chael/Zuffa hype machine are gunna promote this bogus fuckin fight fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this about does it for me I will go back to backyard mmma theres no fuckin organization out there i care for. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I HATE BEING AN MMA DIE HARD.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

My bloood is boiling and wisers flowing heavy as my sidekick test me interweb fucks.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    WTF is this uttter kife bullshit? Dana is supposed to love wandy and the Fact that his odd's dont look good against chael who's gunna get PPV points this man is a fucking legend and should deserve a lil flow for this fight considering how fuckin retardedly Chael/Zuffa hype machine are gunna promote this bogus fuckin fight fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this about does it for me I will go back to backyard mmma theres no fuckin organization out there i care for. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I HATE BEING AN MMA DIE HARD.
    Ahh yes backyard mma where fighters compete for honor, not a cut of ppv profit

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Better question: Is Wandy still worth PPV points?

Smart move from Wand, since he knows that Sonnen will do his usual hype-up of the fight and will probably draw a good number coupled with the still popular Wandy.

I've heard of alot of guys playing hard to get when it comes to matchmaking and then telling ZUFFA, "Well, I'll take the fight for points" and once UFC concedes, they accept the fight.

I cant wait to see chael's response...also i dont blame wand, chael is essentially using his name to get a lot of publicity to get some buys so wand should receive a piece of the pie.

He's gotta recoup that 100k some how.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Would rather have seen Sonnen vs. Vitor rather than this train wreck.

No, I don't think Wandy is worth the PPV points considering he is barely breaking top 15 in any division. I think he deserves a contract commensurate to his legendary experience, but don't think he is worth the hidden hundreds of thousands that lie within those PPV points.

Thread Information