+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva won't fight Chael Sonnen unless he receives PPV points

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    how a guy not even close to being ranked top 10 in any division ask for ppv points is beyond me.
    Regardless, isn't it typical for main events to get PPV points?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Just curious has anyone else factored in that Silva actually makes alot more show/win money then Chael does into this conversation ? And perhaps that is a reason for Sonnen to get PPV points and not Silva.
    I think this is a great point. I look at it the same way I look at employee compensation in desk work: Wandy has developed a name over years and his draw ability is consistent so it's factored into his show/win money. Sonnen isn't an immediate draw without hyping the fight, so he's paid per his ability to do so, with points being performance pay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Rise, I have been wondering why everybody is acting like the UFC pays Wanderlei in hotdogs and Brazilian flags.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

how a guy not even close to being ranked top 10 in any division ask for ppv points is beyond me.
    I'm under the impression that lesnar was getting PPV percentages when he was 1-0 and not even top 100. I believe rampage was getting % on his way out the door, and he certainly wasn't close to at that point. It would not surprise me if Rich Franklin or Forrest Griffin get points.

Again, I'm not arguing that Wandi should be paid more than sonnen. But I can't see giving chael a percentage without giving it to Wandi as well.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

3. Default

If you're ranking Bisping in the top 10, and not Wanderlei, your ranking system is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    LOL. I crack up every time I hear Bisping say he won that fight.

I was under the impression that only main evetns - not co-main events got ppv points (unless the co main event was a title fight). Im sure if the ppv does well the ufc kicks people extra money but I don't think it would be in their fighter contract.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

I was under the impression that only main evetns - not co-main events got ppv points (unless the co main event was a title fight). Im sure if the ppv does well the ufc kicks people extra money but I don't think it would be in their fighter contract.
    This is off topic, but I think maybe you should make a little change in your signature.
    I guess the guy's surname is Iglesias and not Inglesias, because in spanish "ingle" means groin, so you know, the inglesias thing is kinda funny.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Wanderlei has a mansion in Vegas and Brazil. Guy's totally broke.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Again, I'm not arguing that Wandi should be paid more than sonnen. But I can't see giving chael a percentage without giving it to Wandi as well.
    Even if their compensation for win/show is significantly different ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Even if their compensation for win/show is significantly different ?
    yes.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information