Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conor McGregor Suffered Torn ACL at UFC Fight Night 26

this freaking sucks ass but its crazy that he still managed to dominate with such a serious injury

that's one bad mofo...

I know I'm in the minority here, but from what I've heard from McGregor, especially the trolling he did on Twitter about the top ten FWs, coming after the news that he'll be on the shelf for a while with the ACL, he comes off as kind of a dick. It's not like he'll be fighting soon against any of them, so he just talked shit and isn't backing it up in the near future. He's getting the "ZUFFA hype experience" and I'm not debating that he's good, but I've just seen and heard a few too many things to be a fan at this point and I don't think he's at the level quite yet to be acting the way he has.

Again, he's fucking talented, but his attitude hasn't impressed me, I saw a bit during the Holloway fight that seemed a little punk-ish and I don't care for his comments pre or post.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    Torn ACL and he still dominated him after that? That's some serious toughness.
    I'm not a Doctor, although I do freelance in Gynecology, so I don't know the threshold of pain in regareds to partial or complete, but I've had an ACL tear in both knees. It hurts like hell when it happens. My MCL/PCL was also tore. I've rewatched the fight since the story came out and it's still surprising. Even with the knowledge regarding the tear, I can't tell. I honestly thought he was getting tired watching it live. Very tough indeed.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here, but from what I've heard from McGregor, especially the trolling he did on Twitter about the top ten FWs, coming after the news that he'll be on the shelf for a while with the ACL, he comes off as kind of a dick.
    I absolutely agree with you, and he is not kind of a dick, he is a complete dick.

Because imagine what would happen if somebody like Jon Jones would have done the same thing....man, the thread would have about 20 pages of discussion and everybody would be like "He is the biggest douche ever. He is injured and he calls people out and talks shit, he is a fucking coward".

McGregor is indeed very talented, but I knew that he was a douche even before his Twitter bullshit.
    The way he taunts his opponents, the way he speaks, the things he says. He has a pretty annoying personality.

BTW, I remember when some people were labeling Rory Mac as "very weird" because of the way he dresses. Well, that is nothing compared to McGregor.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

It's a marketing tactic. I don't really care. I will appreciate his art in the Octagon.

UFC featherweight Conor McGregor says knee surgery was successful
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...was-successful

Thread Information