Thread: Kennedy to Hendo & Vitor: 'Stop using steroids'

Default Kennedy to Hendo & Vitor: 'Stop using steroids'

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...sing-steroids/

In an interview with B/R, the 33-year-old was ecstatic.

"I was super excited, totally pumped, thrilled, ecstatic, when I was told about the fight," said Kennedy. "I think he's always been a small light heavyweight, he should've been a middleweight a few years ago."

"He should've come down to middleweight sooner, which I think is the natural weight for him. I have the expectation it will be the best Machida since he won the title."

"Right after my last fight, I was asking to be on that card. The groups I represent are the Green Beret Foundation, Rhino Den, Ranger Up, and the Wounded Warriors, so it's really cool to be on this card. Emotionally, I'm very invested, and I have to be since I'm fighting a legend who is a dangerous fighter."

"I hope he comes to fight. I don’t want to chase the guy around for 15 minutes. That’s not the fight the fans want, the troops want. If he comes and fights, we’re gonna put on a great show."

"I know I’m not a marque name and I'm looked past by most guys. He is an example of a true fighter to me: my hat's off to Lyoto for being a real fighter and stepping up to the plate to fight me."

Kennedy was less effusive about Vitor Belfort, who stated the only fight he would take at 185 was a title bout. Belfort is instead fighting Dan Henderson at UFC Fight Night 32 on November 9.

Both are on Testosterone Replacement Therapy, and Kennedy was disdainful.

"I wonder who is going to have higher testosterone levels during their fight camp?," said Kennedy. "The real competition for those two is who is going to have the highest testosterone levels during the fight camp. Just take their testosterone levels from four weeks out, and that's the winner of the fight, no reason for these guys to even meet in the cage."

"If you have a guy who can only fight in a scenario where hes injecting synthetic testosterone into his body, he shouldn’t be fighting."

"This is mixed martial arts - integrity, legacy, discipline - this is not Mark MaGwire baseball. He almost killed the sport of baseball. Somebody needs to come to grips this is damaging the sport."

"His requirement to fight me was to fight me in Brazil. If I get a call to fight, I'm told it's at this time, at this place and I accept. I don't go around being like 'well, I'm only going to fight so and so if we meet in Austin, Texas.' Fight clean, stop using steroids."

Misleading title. He didn't tell Dan henderson to stop using steroids. That was aimed at belfort. He clearly has distain for any use of trt... But still a misleading title.

In a perfect world nothing synthetic would be in a fighters body

I agree with him it is damaging the sport.

I agree as well. As a huge henderson fan I understand at his age, but wish he'd hang it up. There is no doubt in my mind vitor is abusing it...

So excited for this fight, I think - and hope - that Lyoto will be looking to make a statement in this fight. His style has drawn a lot of criticism of late, and it'll be interesting to see if he can be as elusive as he was at LHW when fighting smaller guys who can match his speed.

Assuming Machida has a comfortable cut, I see him getting a finish on the feet in the second or third. Kennedy is tough and has some legit skills, but I can't see him getting more than one takedown on Machida. Closing the distance on the Dragon is a nightmare, that knee is cocked and ready to light up the body, and we all know how quick his hands are. Add to that some fantastic takedown defences and its going to be a tough one for Kennedy.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

TRT = Worst steroid ever. Hendo and Vitor are the only two who seem to have success with TRT. I don't think it gives fighters any real edge. Training hard doesn't mean shit if you don't have the skills to win. If two fighters are in shape, skill will determine the winner. fighters like Kennedy sound like they are looking for excuses IMO.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I'd love to see a steroid version of all sports.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    Thats what im talking about.. Either make it legal or tell these steroid users (yes trt is a steroid) to fuck off..

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    *cough* Pride *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Thread Information