Thread: Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo signs with Legacy, debuts at Legacy FC 24

Default Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo signs with Legacy, debuts at Legacy FC 24

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...t-legacy-fc-24

Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo has started his MMA career quickly, rattling off four first-round stoppage wins over a two-and-a-half month period earlier this year.

Now Cejudo (4-0), one of the world's most highly touted bantamweight prospects, will see how his game pans out at the next level. The 26-year-old Californian has signed a multi-fight deal with the Texas-based Legacy Fighting Championship.

Legacy officials recently announced the deal. Cejudo will make his debut at Legacy FC 24 on Oct. 11 at Allen Event Center in Allen, Texas, against Ryan Hollis (4-1). Cejudo-Hollis will be part of the main card that airs on AXS TV (10 p.m. ET).

"It was very important to me to join a professional organization that will allow me the opportunity to continue to grow as an MMA athlete," Cejudo stated. "It was equally important for me to partner with an organization that has an established track record of helping fighters grow into world-class athletes and champions. I want to fight for a credible organization and face high-caliber opponents. Legacy is that organization and has made that commitment to me."

Cejudo won gold for Team USA at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. At just 21, he became the youngest wrestler in American history to take top honors at the Games. In high school, Cejudo was a four-time state champion, winning a pair of titles in Colorado, then two in Arizona. In 2006, he was named high school "Wrestler of the Year.

In 2006, as a high schooler, he won the U.S. Nationals, and then accepted the USA Wrestling offer to skip college to train in Colorado Springs. It paid off quickly with another U.S. Nationals title, a Pan American Games gold, and then in 2008, the Olympic gold.

In 2012, though, Cejudo failed to make the Olympic team. In a dramatic moment, he removed his wrestling shoes, the traditional signal of a wrestler's retirement, and tossed them to the crowd rather than leaving them in the center of the mat.

Always exciting to see top level athletes transition to MMA.

Inside of two years, this guy will have the UFC Flyweight title.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

4. Default

If he can finish. We do not need anther Lay and pray wrestler that does not or go for subs abd or GnP.

Inside of two years, this guy will have the UFC Flyweight title.
    Nope he get subbed on the daily for atleast two years

Wrestler have a history of hands on the mat and that leads to a guy saying uncle
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information