Thread: Mike Tyson claims to have been lying about his sobriety

Default Mike Tyson claims to have been lying about his sobriety

"I'm a motherfucker. I'm a bad guy sometimes. I did a lot of bad things, and I want to be forgiven. So in order for me to be forgiven, I hope they can forgive me. I wanna change my life, I wanna live a different life now. I wanna live my sober life. I don't wanna die. I'm on the verge of dying, because I'm a vicious alcoholic. Wow. God, this is some interesting stuff.

"I haven't drank or took drugs in six days, and for me that's a miracle. I've been lying to everybody else that think I was sober, but I'm not. This is my sixth day. I'm never gonna use again."
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/24/46...t-his-sobriety

Saw this last night, got a bit choked up at the end of the video when he admitted that.

It's so sad to see a guy with so much to offer still battling his demons, even after all these years. They say admitting your mistakes is the hardest and most important step to take, and I only hope he can try on the straight and narrow from now on.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

One of the saddest stories in modern sports.

One has to wonder what Mike would have been able to do with his boxing career if he did not have so many personal demons and pain inside of him... But on the flip side, would a young Tyson have been able to fight with such intensity and drive without those demons inside him?

They say admitting your mistakes is the hardest and most important step to take
    I do not agree with that.
    Admitting your mistakes is the easiest step, the hard part is to fix them, to change your bad habits and do not repeat the same mistakes again.
    I can also admit so many things, and it will be pointless if I do nothing to change.

For him, being out of drugs and alcohol for weeks, months and years will be much harder than just admitting that he has problems.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I do not agree with that.
    Admitting your mistakes is the easiest step, the hard part is to fix them, to change your bad habits and do not repeat the same mistakes again.
    I can also admit so many things, and it will be pointless if I do nothing to change.

For him, being out of drugs and alcohol for weeks, months and years will be much harder than just admitting that he has problems.
    Fair point man. I guess it's less admitting your mistakes and more accepting you need to change and committing to that.

It'll be interesting to see if and how this develops.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    One of the saddest stories in modern sports.

One has to wonder what Mike would have been able to do with his boxing career if he did not have so many personal demons and pain inside of him... But on the flip side, would a young Tyson have been able to fight with such intensity and drive without those demons inside him?
    His demons and dysfunction are what made him. With Cus, he could focus that rage. Without Cus and with so many TRULY horrible human beings around him, he had no chance.

I've always contended that Tyson was likely slightly mentally challenged and obviously had some social intelligence issues. He's needed help both educationally and mentally for years.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information