Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Weidman, but Bisping could have just as easily knocked out Anderson

Great post... and you didn't even have to go offtopic
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Damnnnn I was wondering where the fans and ref was. Absolutely no one gets knocked out in training.
    Do YOU even know what you're saying half the time????
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    A loss is a loss. Every great fighter you can think of has tasted defeat with the exception of Jon Jones and his day is coming. Weidman's win was still a fluke. If all the stars align and he wins again I will give him his due... get it?

My opinion on the loss hasn't deviated from day 1 so don't be shocked. I am not one whose easily swayed by popular opinion. It was a lucky punch like Vitor clipping Rich Franklin or GSP getting TKO'd by Serra. How many here gave Serra his props?

On a side note:
    I find it equally hilarious that some people here claim to have disdain for revisionist history but immediately wipe the slate clean for their favorite fighter once they avenge their loss (flip flopping like John Kerry). Now that is comedy gold and well worth the price of admission.

Which part of it did you enjoy most and why?

Damnnnn I was wondering where the fans and ref was. Absolutely no one gets knocked out in training.
    You need to watch the fight again. First of all, I do not believe in a lucky punch. If you throw a punch with then intent of hitting someone and it lands I fail to see the luck involved.

The main point I would like to make about this "lucky fluke" of a win is exactly how it went down. Yes, Silva was clowning. Yes he was once again acting like an idiot. Has he done this before? Absolutely. This time though, he got caught. Why? Was the other guy lucky? Or did the other guy through a back fist toward the dancing machine making him move and follow it up with a crisp left???

I mean really, if you watch the fight again, it looks like Weidman took advantage of Silva's clowning and set him up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    You need to watch the fight again. First of all, I do not believe in a lucky punch. If you throw a punch with then intent of hitting someone and it lands I fail to see the luck involved.

The main point I would like to make about this "lucky fluke" of a win is exactly how it went down. Yes, Silva was clowning. Yes he was once again acting like an idiot. Has he done this before? Absolutely. This time though, he got caught. Why? Was the other guy lucky? Or did the other guy through a back fist toward the dancing machine making him move and follow it up with a crisp left???

I mean really, if you watch the fight again, it looks like Weidman took advantage of Silva's clowning and set him up for that.
    Your opinion is fine by me. I am not trying to convince you otherwise. Plus you already said you don't believe in a lucky punch. All strikes ever thrown in the history of fighting are based on skill.

Skills that shouldn't tarnish by Dec.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-30-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Anderson Silva:

So, you make a post which has absolutely nothing to do with what I quoted and is based simply on your own strange logic and then find a way to insinuate that I am the one who is confused.

Thank you for answering my initial question, sir.

You posted a video of him boxing with Nog. They were wearing 16's and were sparring. KOs in 16's are quite rare in sparring. If you had ever entered a boxing or MT gym you would know this. Also, he's sparring Nog who isn't exactly known for excessive power other than a flurry against Schaub and KOing a WW back in UFO.

So then you go into some BS about a crowd and ref? WTF are you even talking about?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Anyone here could have gotten that knock out which had very little force behind it. I claimed fluke then and I'm claiming it now.
    so you're saying your boy got a glass jaw and gets KTFO'd by weak punches?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    So, you make a post which has absolutely nothing to do with what I quoted and is based simply on your own strange logic and then find a way to insinuate that I am the one who is confused.

Thank you for answering my initial question, sir.
    You didn't address your question to me so I didn't answer it (on purpose).

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    You posted a video of him boxing with Nog. They were wearing 16's and were sparring. KOs in 16's are quite rare in sparring. If you had ever entered a boxing or MT gym you would know this. Also, he's sparring Nog who isn't exactly known for excessive power other than a flurry against Schaub and KOing a WW back in UFO.

So then you go into some BS about a crowd and ref? WTF are you even talking about?
    So you magically skipped over the 1st video and went straight to Nog? You're following the crowd and intentionally being silly while insulting my intelligence. Here it comes... someone else is about to follow the lead.
    Anderson Silva:

lots of food for the troll today?

he'll never go back under his bridge at this rate.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    lots of food for the troll today?

he'll never go back under his bridge at this rate.

rh
    Nah I'm done plus this is RD's last year here actually. I need to make better use of time like Sakara. In fact you can ban the account after Weidman Vs Silva 2.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Anderson Silva:

Nah I'm done plus this is RD's last year here actually. I need to make better use of time like Sakara. In fact you can ban the account after Weidman Vs Silva 2.
    hey rivethead can we trade him for chael fan?

Thread Information