Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Weidman, but Bisping could have just as easily knocked out Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Wait so are you saying Silva has a weak chin then ?
    A light blow to an unprepared chin can lead to a flash KO.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRpickup View Post
    opinions are neither right or wrong just opinions. I feel most of Silvas wins were FLUKE.

Weidman studied his opponent and unlike forrest and bonnar, he can move forward while throwing leather. the gif of bonnar throwing that side kick is telegraphed and that's all he threw. same as forrest...throwing punches standing in the same spot not moving forward. Weidman pressed forward aggressive enough and with the ability to not eat heavy shots. Silva attempted the dance...and looked like a foolish doing it. weidmanhe said it himself. he took shots and moved forward showing silva...im coming to get you and he did! He will prove it again in the rematch. this time subbing silva! Im calling a Weidman FLUKE submission. i'll say guillotine.
    Do you gamble by chance?

By the way this is more of a question for anyone to answer. Are there any non-fanboys here on the forum? Those who also believe they are capable of walking on water are also free to answer.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-29-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Yeah sorry not buying that line of reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah sorry not buying that line of reasoning
    Ofcourse you don't. It's not like he has taken harder punches.

Maybe I am the only one who thought it was a fluke.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-29-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Anderson Silva:

Comedy gold.

Do you gamble by chance?
    Assuming you'd be betting on Anderson, are you implying that betting on the favorite is any type of gamble?

Are you aware that even if Anderson regains the title, it in no way "proves" anything about a fluke?

By the way this is more of a question for anyone to answer. Are there any non-fanboys here on the forum? Those who also believe they are capable of walking on water are also free to answer.
    I'm a fan of several fighters. I can also keep perspective so as not to be utterly, sadly, blinded by bias.
    I'm a huge mark for Shogun. sonnen beat him cleanly. Where other people were saying it was lucky, or that Shogun suddenly sucks, I gave credit to chael where it was due.

That's called keeping perspective, son.

Maybe I am the only one who thought it was a fluke.
    Yeah.

No matter how many people watch the Kardacians, it doesn't make them talented.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

A Light blow can cause a flash KO????? Shit even Glass Joe didnt go down that easy.

Bottom line, Silva's clowning got him caught. It sucks for Weidman because like it or not it leaves doubt. My main concern in a rematch is it will be the Penn Edgar effect (Silva thinks he just lost cuz he was a clown, gives Weidman no creidit doesnt improve while Weidman gets better), or Weidman will get over confident to the point of being cocky and think he is on another level and not take Silva as serious as he should. If he loses focus I think he is gonna be in trouble, if Silva doesnt prepare and improve he is gonna be in trouble.

At the end of it all though, no matter what happens in fight 2, no matter how much dancing Silva did the fact remains, Weidman knocked Silva out. Roaddawg you keep saying Silva has a great chin...well it got touched by someone with power and he went down. Look I am a Silva fan, and yes his dancing got him in a bad position, BUT if Weidamn wasnt good enough he still wouldnt have won.

He did. and he did it at Silvas own game.

i'm a huge bisping fan and constantly defend him, but this even made laugh...

He does realize they were sparring in16's, right?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Freddy Roach has an expression of amazement after Anderson negated that flurry. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    At the end of it all though, no matter what happens in fight 2, no matter how much dancing Silva did the fact remains, Weidman knocked Silva out. Roaddawg you keep saying Silva has a great chin...well it got touched by someone with power and he went down. Look I am a Silva fan, and yes his dancing got him in a bad position, BUT if Weidamn wasnt good enough he still wouldnt have won.

He did. and he did it at Silvas own game.
    A loss is a loss. Every great fighter you can think of has tasted defeat with the exception of Jon Jones and his day is coming. Weidman's win was still a fluke. If all the stars align and he wins again I will give him his due... get it?

My opinion on the loss hasn't deviated from day 1 so don't be shocked. I am not one whose easily swayed by popular opinion. It was a lucky punch like Vitor clipping Rich Franklin or GSP getting TKO'd by Serra. How many here gave Serra his props?

On a side note:
    I find it equally hilarious that some people here claim to have disdain for revisionist history but immediately wipe the slate clean for their favorite fighter once they avenge their loss (flip flopping like John Kerry). Now that is comedy gold and well worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    i'm a huge bisping fan and constantly defend him, but this even made laugh...
    Which part of it did you enjoy most and why?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He does realize they were sparring in16's, right?
    Damnnnn I was wondering where the fans and ref was. Absolutely no one gets knocked out in training.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-30-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Anderson Silva:

Am I the only one that pictures roaddawg like this?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information