+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Weidman, but Bisping could have just as easily knocked out Anderson

Do your thing man.

It's clear you're a mark for Silva and simply won't admit that he got cleanly KO'ed and it wasn't a fluke, it was a clean shot.

Flash- yes. Fluke- no.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Ofcourse you don't. It's not like he has taken harder punches.
    Unrelated videos to your original point (Silva's weak chin)...

Essentially what you are arguing is this Silva was not prepared for the blow because he wasn't expecting to get hit even though he'd been hit more then once already before in the fight... not to mention it's a fight and usually anyone showing an iota of intelligence expects to get hit.

So I'll ask again are you saying silva has a weak chin ?

Or are you saying Silva is stupid for not expecting to get hit ?

If it's the later then you should probably remove the "Anderson Silva: Best Fighter on the planet." gif from your post because the Best Fighter wouldn't do something that dumb right ?

Nah I'm done plus this is RD's last year here actually. I need to make better use of time like Sakara. In fact you can ban the account after Weidman Vs Silva 2.
    Yeah seriously, why wait? You just waiting for the rematch in hopes of being able to say "I told you so" but leave the door open in case Weidman proves you wrong again? Might as well go now. Silva is going to lose again, probably by submission. Besides, you've kind of worn out your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Even if Weidman loses, it in no way "proves" that misjudging your opponent's reach and getting knocked out makes anything a fluke.

If there is any justice in Anderson's soul--and that's something I doubt--he'll beg for an immediate rubber match if he wins. There isn't any great contenders on the horizon, so it's probably going to make him more money than anything else at MW, and Weidman was gracious enough to give him a rematch where he wouldn't have given one to anyone else.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Your opinion is fine by me. I am not trying to convince you otherwise. Plus you already said you don't believe in a lucky punch. All strikes ever thrown in the history of fighting are based on skill.

Skills that shouldn't tarnish by Dec.
    You have wrote some pretty dumb shit during your time on here but this is getting insane. If you have read any of my post on how I think Silva vs Weidman should go you will know that I believe skill wise Silva has an edge. You would also know that I believe if Weidman gets too cocky he is done, but if Anderson just thinks he can stop dancing Weidman will improve and find a way to win again.

If you make a striking more of feint that causes your opponent to react in a way you predict and land a punch that puts them on the ground that enables you to finish then it is skill. Plan and simple. To say that is lucky is either trolling, nut hugging to the extreme, or just plan ignorant. Tell the truth. You think it was luck simply because Chris white don't you.

And dont act like you are going anywhere. If I remember correctly I took you up on a bet to leave the forum and you backed out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    And dont act like you are going anywhere. If I remember correctly I took you up on a bet to leave the forum and you backed out of it.
    Loser leaves the forum and make it official with the admins. I'm done regardless win/lose or draw so I fail to see the benefit for you unless you are looking for bragging rights. If you want to put your forum presence on the table in vein that is your decision. I have to assume that is the bet you are looking for since a sig bet would be pretty pointless. You really can't humiliate someone with pictures when you have spent the last 3 years dragging their name through the mud on a bi-monthly basis...

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Yeah seriously, why wait? You just waiting for the rematch in hopes of being able to say "I told you so" but leave the door open in case Weidman proves you wrong again? Might as well go now. Silva is going to lose again, probably by submission. Besides, you've kind of worn out your welcome.
    Anytime my fighter has lost I have never ran from the forums and I promise I won't say I told you so when Silva wins. I also won't be a punkass and disprect any of the posters here (admins included) on my way out the door. That's not how the dog rolls baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Essentially what you are arguing is this Silva was not prepared for the blow because he wasn't expecting to get hit even though he'd been hit more then once already before in the fight... not to mention it's a fight and usually anyone showing an iota of intelligence expects to get hit.

So I'll ask again are you saying silva has a weak chin ?
    If a picture is worth a thousand words then a video has to be worth millions. This question was answered in the videos posted.

Or are you saying Silva is stupid for not expecting to get hit ?

He would have been a genius had he not gotten hit and managed to KO Weidman. The matrix dodge is a high risk/high reward move that looks beautiful when it works. When it doesn't I can see fans logic saying the move was stupid.

My issue with Silva is why he clearly let Weidman punch him in the face before the matrix move. He made stupid mistakes leading up to the blow that floored him including not listening to his corner at the start of rnd 2. He should have fought Weidman like he fought Sonnen and not like Maia or Griffin. He got too amped up and used the wrong strategy and that's what happens when you play with your opponents. The same sentiments were conveyed in video 3 which you also feel are unrelated.

If it's the later then you should probably remove the "Anderson Silva: Best Fighter on the planet." gif from your post because the Best Fighter wouldn't do something that dumb right ?
    A fighter's legacy can't be tarnished by a loss. If that is the case then there is much to be said about GSP/Fedor. Silva is still the greatest fighter in MMA history IMO and not even a 2nd loss in the UFC to Weidman or any other opponent will change that.

This is the opinion of a troll ofcourse which by definition shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Even if Weidman loses, it in no way "proves" that misjudging your opponent's reach and getting knocked out makes anything a fluke.

If there is any justice in Anderson's soul--and that's something I doubt--he'll beg for an immediate rubber match if he wins. There isn't any great contenders on the horizon, so it's probably going to make him more money than anything else at MW, and Weidman was gracious enough to give him a rematch where he wouldn't have given one to anyone else.

rh

If Silva wins the rematch and the fight isn't even close he could just as easily get the next contender (likely Vitor) or the super fights hes wanted with Jones or RJJ. Then again Jones is going to lose to either Goose or Glover so who knows.

Anyways It should be noted there was no rubber match between Shogun and Machida. Don't be surprised if Weidman doesn't get a rematch.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-31-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I don't think it's unfair to say that Anderson underestimated Weidman's speed and power and was overconfident in his own chin and ability to deflect incoming strikes. He played with fire one too many times and got burned. Weidman is not Stephan Bonner and deserved more respect and Chris made him pay for that disrespect. By no means do I believe it to be a fluke. However, I can't help but question if Anderson doesn't clown around, if he keeps his hands up and limits his taunting and fights a more focused fight do we end up with the same result? That is where my interest in the rematch lays.

As for an immediate rubber match if Anderson wins, I think it really depends on how it ends. If Anderson starches Chris in short order, I'm not sure the interest would be there. I'd rather they do Vitor/Silva II at that point. With both of those guys' appeal in Brazil they could do some big business, possibly fill a soccer stadium.

My issue with Silva is why he clearly let Weidman punch him in the face before the matrix move.
    Ah...so Henderson "let" Silva rear naked choke him out, too?

He got too amped up and used the wrong strategy and that's what happens when you play with your opponents.
    This is the crux of your failure to understand what you saw.

the rest of this post isn't actually directed at you, roaddawg, because you're completely and entirely unable to see things with any degree of clarity when it comes to Anderson. But to anyone who thinks Anderson may have been "playing," there is another way to see things:
    Using the wrong strategy doesn't automatically equate to "not fighting seriously" or "playing" with Weidman. In Anderson's own words, he wasn't "playing" it's actually part of his strategy--granted, Anderson is so full of nonsensical contradictions, I can see where you'd throw out anything he says as simply being full of shit. But his performance backs up what he's stating clearly in this case.

Generally, he's got a reach advantage on his opponents. He can stay at range and slip punches and have the reach to counter. In the case with Forrest, that worked perfectly.

Anyways It should be noted there was no rubber match between Shogun and Machida. Don't be surprised if Weidman doesn't get a rematch.
    You can't really compare Shogun and Machida. Their first fight was close. Weidman/Anderson was not close. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by travtera View Post
    However, I can't help but question if Anderson doesn't clown around, if he keeps his hands up and limits his taunting and fights a more focused fight do we end up with the same result? That is where my interest in the rematch lays.
    That's my interest as well. Anderson wasn't effective in the first round when he wasn't "clowning." A rematch tells us a lot about both fighters.

As for an immediate rubber match if Anderson wins, I think it really depends on how it ends. If Anderson starches Chris in short order, I'm not sure the interest would be there. I'd rather they do Vitor/Silva II at that point. With both of those guys' appeal in Brazil they could do some big business, possibly fill a soccer stadium.
    I don't think it would matter, really. Anderson has been such an utter punkass regarding rematches through his entire career, I don't see him willingly giving rematches to either fighter. He could be contractually forced--like dana is ever going to do that, right??--but I could just as easily see him retiring at that point.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    roaddawg, you're going beyond the maximum limit of RPM's in your trollmobile right there.

Chris won the fight fair and square whether or not Silva made the choice of acting the way he did. He does that in many of his fights and thought he could get away with it against Weidman. He was wrong. Chris may not have crisp looking strikes but he is a really strong guy and there was very well a great amount of power in that punch, obviously, that Anderson might as well have opened his mouth to eat.

no, no one here would have gotten that knockout. I know we are all a bunch of badasses, but no.

It was not a fluke. There was no luck involved in what happened. Silva couldn't pull the trigger on Chris. He tried to get inside of his head by attempting to make him look bad. It was having an effect until he thought he could just let a young, hungry, very athletic and powerful all american wrestler punch him right in the jaw more than once. Wrong again.

If Silva wins the rematch, it does not take away from what Weidman accomplished, nor does it come close to completely redeeming Silva, imo. Weidman knocked Anderson Silva TFO in their first fight and that's history.

By the way, your statement about anyone being able to getting the KO on Silva and the punch having little force behind it suggests that Silva has an extremely thin glass chin, doesn't it? Or what exactly does it suggest? That's what I would like to know.

So the UFC MW champ, Chris Weidman, the man to defeat and finish Anderson in his UFC run = anybody could have done it if Silva let them, right?

EDIT: I don't blame you for not having conTROLL over your opinion. It took years for me to finally accept what happened to Chuck. I would have much rather believed anything than the cold, hard truth.
    Yuuuuup. This. Thank you Mickey
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information