Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Which 2 fighters would you combine into one?

Mark Hunt/ Josh Barnett.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

The running backwards ability of Kalib Starnes and the speed of Demetrious Johnson. He could run backwards so quickly he'd catch his opponent from behind!!

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Why would anyone want to combine Clay Guida with anyone while tryin to make them a better fighter? Sorry Guida hater passing by.

I'd take Jose Aldo combined with someone who has and unlimited gas tank, maybe Faber. Jose Aldo is pretty scary in every aspect already, except his cardio, which could be better.
    Then how about... Clay Guida?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Poor Jose Aldo getting no luv.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Then how about... Clay Guida?
    I don't think Guida's cardio is that extraordinary, he just doesn't do anything in his fights except bounce around and wave his hair
    Last edited by initial_zen; 08-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.

I don't think Aldo needs to be combined with anyone. He's already the most complete package currently fighting. People criticize his cardio, but it's not like it's worse than, say Anderson, or Jones or some of the bigger guys.

That said, update the concept making up this thread...

The two fighters you pick would have to be in the same weight class, and what impact do you think it would have on pound for pound? For instance, combine GSP with Hendrick's power, or GSP with Maia's grappling. Which do you think is more impactful?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I'd combine Bones' youth and TDs with Shogun's striking, drop that sumbitch down to MW, and wreck fools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't think Aldo needs to be combined with anyone. He's already the most complete package currently fighting. People criticize his cardio, but it's not like it's worse than, say Anderson, or Jones or some of the bigger guys.

That said, update the concept making up this thread...

The two fighters you pick would have to be in the same weight class, and what impact do you think it would have on pound for pound? For instance, combine GSP with Hendrick's power, or GSP with Maia's grappling. Which do you think is more impactful?

rh
    I don't think Aldo's cardio is bad, but he would just be unstoppable if he never got tired.

Out side of weight classes I want fedors brain in someone like rashads body, fighting at guys his weight in a really athletic body and with better wresting.
    But under same weight classes, I want bj penn's (counting him as ww) chin, boxing, and high level bjj (especially in top position) in gsp's body with Gsp's reach, athleticism, cardio, takedowns, and game planing.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    I was thinkin to myself at work today if GSP was combined with another WW I'd want it to be Diaz. All I would want GSP to take from nick is his chin and aggresiveness/killer instinct.

I believe GSP with a couple of Nick's gifts would be impossible to beat.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

10. Default

Brock Lesnar with Jon Jones striking.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Thread Information