http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...y-titanium-jaw

Since a loss via injury to Clay Guida in 2010, Rafael dos Anjos has won five of six fights and entered the UFC lightweight picture. If his jaw has looked unnaturally strong since then, there's a reason for that.

Dos Anjos (19-6 MMA, 8-4 UFC), who meets Donald Cerrone (20-5-1 MMA, 7-2 UFC) in tonight's UFC Fight Night 27 co-headliner, survived until the third round during his fight with Guida at UFC 117. However, Guida broke his opponent's jaw in the first round, and after pressing a forearm against it in the third round, dos Anjos was forced to tap out from the pain.

Since then, though, he's 5-1 with just a split-decision loss to Gleison Tibau. And he believes he now has an unexpected weapon in his arsenal.

"That break happened when we were openly trading during the first minute of our fight," dos Anjos told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "He broke my mandible in two parts, but I kept on fighting.

"Nowadays, I have 20 screws and four titanium plates. Since then I broke two hands with my chin: Tibau's and (Anthony) Njokuani's."