Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Henderson: I'm going to break Anderson Silva's UFC title defense record in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    He really expects to avoid TJ for that long?
    No, he really expects to beat TJ Grant. Bendo out of all fighters isn't one to avoid anyone or anything, which is one of the reasons he is in my top two favorite fighters. He has restated this goal every time he has had a chance so him stating it again should be no surprise.
    Bendo has the ability to defeat everyone in his division and to be blunt the only guys left that I believe give him trouble would be Pettis (which I hope he wipes the floor with Saturday) and Grant. Otherwise I do not see anyone in the division to take him out.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Definitely not gonna beat any records for finishing!
    He may not ever finish a fight but the one thing you cannot say in regards to Bendo is that his fights are boring.
    Bendo is a stud and is always initiating and doing something in the cage against his opponents. Hell even when people attempt subs against him it is amazing to see his durability and flexibility.
    With that, he is also fighting people who are extremely hard to finish, Edgar is like Wolverine you may beat him but you wont take him out...Nate Diaz, hard to finish although he did just get finished last fight against Thompson...Melendez is an animal and went tit for tat against Bendo although Bendo clearly won....Pettis, I hope he grounds him to a pulp but that is just me but I would not be surprised if it goes to another exciting decision.
    Apocalypse

i find it hard to believe he will be breaking title defense records when he wont be champion past saturday night...

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    He may not ever finish a fight but the one thing you cannot say in regards to Bendo is that his fights are boring.
    Bendo is a stud and is always initiating and doing something in the cage against his opponents. Hell even when people attempt subs against him it is amazing to see his durability and flexibility.
    With that, he is also fighting people who are extremely hard to finish, Edgar is like Wolverine you may beat him but you wont take him out...Nate Diaz, hard to finish although he did just get finished last fight against Thompson...Melendez is an animal and went tit for tat against Bendo although Bendo clearly won....Pettis, I hope he grounds him to a pulp but that is just me but I would not be surprised if it goes to another exciting decision.
    You're obviously biased cause you are a fan of his, but if you look at how many wins he has that people think he lost, it gets a little silly with him saying he is going to break Silva's record. While I think he will stay near the top, I don't think he is the best LW in the world. Hell even the UFC still has Gil ranked #1, I don't think I've ever seen someone lose and hold their ranking like that.

I didn't think Bendo CLEARLY did anything in the Melendez fight other than look like he was fighting for a draw.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    You're obviously biased cause you are a fan of his, but if you look at how many wins he has that people think he lost, it gets a little silly with him saying he is going to break Silva's record. While I think he will stay near the top, I don't think he is the best LW in the world. Hell even the UFC still has Gil ranked #1, I don't think I've ever seen someone lose and hold their ranking like that.
    I am quite the unabashed fan of Bendo & make no bones of that.
    Considering in the Gil fight he outstruck him & knocked him down (via leg kicks) I thought he won the fight decisively as Gil didn't do enough to steal 3 rounds (I had Bendo 3rounds & gave Gil 2).
    In the Frankie fights I had Bendo beating him in the first (close) & a toss up in the second.
    He soundly beat Nate & lastly none of his fights are boring.
    I do think this fight with Pettis will be close but I think his striking is more refined than his first fight & his takedowns are better than before , he sets them up a lot better.
    Some people see things different but my judgment as a fan does not cloud my perception of his fight.
    Last edited by Mr. Cornute; 09-01-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    Apocalypse

Difference was that Anderson was eons ahead of his opponents while Bendo is at the exact same skill level hence all the close matches.

so how about that Anderson silva record...

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

So much for that record beating shit. If TJ has to fight another fight before his title shot, I'd like to see it against Bendo but a guy coming off a win vs a guy coming off a loss ain't likely

Thread Information