Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barnett to Askren: Go f--- yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Askren said the truth, but the only point of doing that was to begin a confrontation.
    So Barnett is actually right too. Few people know about Askren, and his style will not help him. So if he wants to be recognized he must talk shit.
    His style is what will make people know him. They may not like it but they will know about him through his dominant grappling style (if he gets in the UFC)

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Askren said the truth, but the only point of doing that was to begin a confrontation.
    So Barnett is actually right too. Few people know about Askren, and his style will not help him. So if he wants to be recognized he must talk shit.
    that's the textbook sonnen wrote. chael was more of an unknown and twice as "boring" as Ben before he started trolling his way to the hearts of the unwashed. All Ben needs is some outtake videos from WWF and he's all set.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

3. Default

The dick move I see is no one asked Ben that question he did it on his own. Yes ben needs a lot of attention as his style hasn't helped him, but he seems like a errorgant fucktard to me.
    I feel Barnet got some forgiveness from DW just over killing Affliction.

MMA twitter spats are really anticlimactic unless they result in an actual fight.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    Years ago she was like 8 or 9
    Yea, but that was 12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Yea, but that was 12 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    that's the textbook sonnen wrote. chael was more of an unknown and twice as "boring" as Ben before he started trolling his way to the hearts of the unwashed. All Ben needs is some outtake videos from WWF and he's all set.

rh
    That's actually what I was thinking. I'm not a huge fan of Sonnen, but at least he can be perceived as funny.. Arkren just comes off as a dick looking for attention. He needs to work on that a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    ^This. Except if you know Askren he has always been a troll. This is a guy who told a 3x Olympic Gold Medalist and probably the best wrestler in the history of freestyle wrestling (Buvaisar Saitiev) that he was going to kick his ass. They never wrestled because Askren lost before they could meet. But he has always been a cocky guy people are just starting to take notice because he is getting into the mainstream.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

honestly... i find it hilarious how may people are infuriated by askren. guy is a great troll, not whitty like sonnen but damn good at getting people mad.

Meh, It doesn't take a lot of talent to piss people off.....he's just setting a higher cliff to fall from if his gets KTFO one day. The Gifs. will be GLORIOUS!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information