+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dana White: Chael Sonnen vs. Phil Davis 'could happen' at UFC 167

I predict one dominates the other via wrestling. I don't know which one, but it will either look like Rashad/Davis or Bones/Sonnen. I just don't see their wrestling canceling out. I think one will reign supreme. I don't want this fight.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Are they seriously trying to build Sonnen back up to another LHW title fight? Yuck.
    Or maybe they are trying to build Davis up to a title fight... even though his win over Machida was controversial tack on a win over Chael and he's on a win streak and I could see them putting him against Jones.

Jones would destroy both Davis and Sonnen (again) in one night.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Since Dana said that Wand would be out until early 2014 with a back injury, I've been hearing maybe Chael/Rashad....

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Puh lease Chael will get taken down and submitted.
    Well let's be fair, you'd say that if Chael was fighting Emmanuel Lewis. We'll make any sig bet you'd like if the fight happens. I'd rather see him face Machida at 185. Davis clearly lost that fight so he should take a step back. I despise Sonnen, but can't see any way he loses to Phil. I hope it's five rounds.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Last edited by _DCdoctr_; 08-30-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Maybe the loser of Glover/Bader would be a bit more reasonable for Chael at this moment. A win over Shogun is big and the way he won was impressive, but I don't think putting him against someone who's riding a good win streak like Davis is a good idea right now.

Or possibly Gegard, though he wanted to fight Belfort and has contemplated going to middleweight for a while now. I feel like I'm reaching for any name. Hamill/Thiago winner maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    Well let's be fair, you'd say that if Chael was fighting Emmanuel Lewis. We'll make any sig bet you'd like if the fight happens. I'd rather see him face Machida at 185. Davis clearly lost that fight so he should take a step back. I despise Sonnen, but can't see any way he loses to Phil. I hope it's five rounds.
    Sounds good. I would personally like to see Sonnen fight Glover.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Perhaps. I really don't think Davis has looked anything close to "Wonderful" against anyone of relevance. I think Machida beat him. Rashad beat him convincingly imo even though the fight was boring. I just think he is not improving. Rashad turned it into a boxing match, and I still believe he would have been able to take Davis down but they were both just punching. Chael looks great against everyone not named Jones basically (and when he throws a spinning back fist) and there is nobody I believe that can outwork him. Once he gets ahold of you, you're probably being taken down, and his stand up is vastly underrated imo. I just think it's a bad fight for Davis. At least in my mind, it very well could play out differently.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

I think Davis can exploit Chael's weak TDD pretty easily but will struggle to sub him nowadays. I really don't want to see this fight though and feel that Sonnen both is lower ranked and should move back to MW. I'd like to see him versus Belfort or Munoz next.

As far as Glover, he needs someone in the title picture. Since he and Machida won't fight, Glover/Davis is the next best thing IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information