Thread: Abel Trujillo Didnít Get the Win at UFC Fight Night 27, but Heís Going to Be Paid

Threaded View

Default Abel Trujillo Didnít Get the Win at UFC Fight Night 27, but Heís Going to Be Paid

http://www.mmaweekly.com/abel-trujil...id-like-he-did

The second was more of the same, and as the frame came to a close, at 4:57 to be exact, Trujillo had Bowling in a prone position, fully grounded on his backside, turtling up, as he unleashed a bevy of straightforward knees.

To most watching at home, the knees seemed to illegally strike Bowling in the face, which would be “strikes to the head of a downed opponent.” Such strikes are illegal in mixed martial arts in America.

That’s why when the referee stepped in to halt the action, very little protest occurred. The strikes were deemed illegal, the fight was halted due to Bowling’s inability to continue, and the bout was ruled a no-contest.

However, the one man that disagreed with the decision is also the man who writes the paychecks, UFC president Dana White. White took to Twitter almost instantaneously to voice his displeasure over the decision to rule the bout a no-contest.

“Both those knees were legal!!! Trujillo should have won,” White wrote on Twitter.

It didn’t take long for Trujillo to respond, tweeting, “(in reply to White) thanks boss!!!

Trujillo went on to demean his opponent and claim he was looking for a way out.

“Eventhough I got a NO CONTEST I know in my heart I broke Roger & he found a way out!!! Feels like a Victory a lil bit you feel me!!!”

Many pundits were shocked at the announcement, especially since the knee, the second one to be exact, appeared to have hit Bowling in the face.

However, at the post-fight press conference, White reiterated that the knee was, in fact, legal.

“It literally was not illegal,” he said
    “It was not an illegal knee. That kid won his fight. I’m going to pay him his win,” he proclaimed.

“The second knee hit him in the shoulder.”
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 08-29-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Thread Information