Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnett to Askren: Go f--- yourself

Default Barnett to Askren: Go f--- yourself

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...f----yourself/

Josh Barnett is recently returned to the UFC and Ben Askren is the long-term Bellator welterweight champion. For some reason or another, the two have starting beefing on Twitter over a positive drug test Barnett had in 2002, which Barnett of course to exception to:

"Love how the (UFC 164) Countdown show glanced over the fact (Josh) Barnett tested positive for 3 banned substances after Couture fight," Askren, Bellator's reigning welterweight champion, posted on Twitter Wednesday morning.

Not surprisingly, it didn't take long for Barnett to respond.

"Did I piss in your cheerios or something or do you just like the view from your high chair? Have fun in obscurity," Barnett wrote back.

"I won't even acknowledge VADA. They're entirely agenda driven and that agenda is NOT sport."

From there the conversation continued, with each man challenging the other and raising the stakes.

"I know it doesn't matter to you, but I can look at myself in the mirror and be ok with choices," Askren said. "In 20 years you will have a very hard time doing the same."

"Hardly," Barnett replied. "I lose no sleep at night in the least. You on the other hand have to judge & throw stones just to be relevant. ... It must feel terrible knowing that without casting insults my way nothing you say matters. You're nearly invisible. Rough life.

"Lastly, go f--k yourself you high & mighty prick. If you want to be famous just come run your mouth next time you see me," Barnett finished.

"Love how the (UFC 164) Countdown show glanced over the fact (Josh) Barnett tested positive for 3 banned substances after Couture fight,"
    Know why that comment pissed off Barnett? Because Askren was fuckin right. I laughed my ass off when I watched it the countdown show
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

3. 08-29-2013, 05:40 PM

What did Askren expect though?

The UFC was gonna bring him in and pay him then be like, "Hey, here's this guy, he's a hot commodity but.....he's tested positive more times for PED's than Dana's said fuck today."

Not gonna happen.

Personally, I think Askren was correct but it's clearly not his place to throw stones at someone else trying to make it in the world. If Askren's so proud of himself and how he's lived his life, the reward is in knowing that; not in disparaging others.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Askren was right in his comments, he wrote what many folks were thinking...

Barnett vs Askren make it happen!!!!

Barnett VS Askren

Askren is correct in his statement about Barnett's drug test. However it isn't really a shocking revelation, and with a simple search on the Internet anyone can find out that fact. It's a black mark that is on his professional career for the rest of his life, but there's really no need to heap shit on top of someone for making the wrong choices in their life. And he did fail again before the scheduled Fedor fight with Affliction, which makes the situation worse. But I honestly don't want to hear about any of it anymore, unless it's properly used as an example for what not to do as an athlete in his or her chosen field of competition.

Also there is nothing to gain for Askren to say anything about a heavyweight other than publicity/notoriety. And any is better than obscurity, I guess...

I'm guessing he doesn't get a lot of people talking about his fights, so he has to find some other way to get his name out there. Barnett's steroid use is definitely a huge stain on his legacy, but what is the point of bringing it up like that? Is there supposed to be some kind of disclaimer on every promo Barnett is in that goes into detail about his mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Know why that comment pissed off Barnett? Because Askren was fuckin right. I laughed my ass off when I watched it the countdown show
    facts aside. that is a DOUCHE MOVE! to use his words "I love how" the self righteous Askren finds somebodys judgment errors and reminds them. that is a sign of weekness. Askren now comes off as a douche and is a weak minded mortal that will be put in his place once in the ufc. So this is how professional athletes conduct themselves? maybe Askren should just bring all the fighters who have tested positive for banned substances and call them out on it and see how that turns out.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Thread Information