Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Brown vs. Tarec Saffiedine targeted for December UFC event

Disappointing, not that I was expecting Brown to get his titleshot, but I did expect him to get an opponent that takes him actually closer to that title fight. I don't think win over Saffiedine improves his ranking that much, unless Joe Silva has him at top 10.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Agreed with you guys. Brown vs. Kampmann makes more sense.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Brown vs Diaz.....I approve.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I see Saffiedine as a top 10 fighter and this being a good opportunity for Brown. That said, I also believe that it'll be a very tough matchup for him. Saffiedine will be tough to drag into a brawl and if it stays a game of outside striking, Brown is at a distinct disadvantage.

Isn't alves available yet for the fight brown had scheduled before?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Using the UFC's own rankings, they've got Saffiedine at #8 and Brown at #10 so Matt got his wish in terms of fighting a guy ahead of him. I'd have preferred Lawler personally but this should be a fun fight and a good measuring stick for both guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Condit is clearly the #3 WW in the world. Brown hasn't even beaten a top 10 ranked fight. Brown doesn't deserve a fighter of Condit's calibre at this point. Kampmann is a much more appropriate fight.
    After reading my post over, I have to agree with you. I just figured since Condit put a stop to a losing streak (to the top two welterweights in the world no less), maybe a fight with Brown (because of his current streak) would serve to keep him within range of a shot. Either Kampmann or Ellenberger would be better for The Immortal. Condit should be facing Rory Mac, not Lawler. But it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    After reading my post over, I have to agree with you. I just figured since Condit put a stop to a losing streak (to the top two welterweights in the world no less), maybe a fight with Brown (because of his current streak) would serve to keep him within range of a shot. Either Kampmann or Ellenberger would be better for The Immortal. Condit should be facing Rory Mac, not Lawler. But it is what it is.
    Ellenberger and Condit would be perfect matchups. A win over those guys get you a shot at the elite where is exactly Brown should be. As far as really fun fights go, Erick Silva vs. Brown would be amazing.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I think this is actually the perfect fight for Brown. Saffiedine is definitely a step up and a decent name, but he isn't an insane jump up like someone like condit would be. The more time brown can get improving and racking up wins to build confidence, the better his chances at winning a title if he ever gets his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    As far as really fun fights go, Erick Silva vs. Brown would be amazing.
    Fuck yes!

Thread Information