+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC 164 weigh-in results: Henderson, Pettis on mark for title fight

1. Default UFC 164 weigh-in results: Henderson, Pettis on mark for title fight

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...igh-in-results

MILWAUKEE – MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was on scene and reporting live from today's UFC 164 fighter weigh-ins, where all 24 fighters successfully made weight for Saturday's card.

The festivities took place at Bradley Center in Milwaukee, the same site that hosts Saturday's event.

In the main event, lightweight champion Benson Henderson (19-2 MMA, 7-0 UFC) puts his title on the line against the last man to beat him, Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC). The two first fought at WEC 53, where Pettis took a unanimous decision in December 2010 to win the final WEC lightweight belt. Pettis got a giant ovation from his hometown crowd and came in a pound under the title-fight maximum at 154. Henderson weighed in at 155.

"It's been five years since I've fought here, and I'm fighting for the belt – it couldn't be a better place to do it," Pettis said.

"Some guys like to talk the talk – they can do all the talking they want," Henderson said. "I'm not much of a talker. I like to go out there inside of the octagon and let my actions do my talking for me."

In a heavyweight co-main event, former UFC champ Josh Barnett (32-6 MMA, 4-1 UFC) returns to the promotion for the first time since 2002 to meet Frank Mir (16-7 MMA, 14-7 UFC), also a former champ. Barnett was 255 pounds for the fight; Mir was 248.

In a key featherweight fight, Clay Guida (30-13 MMA, 10-7 UFC) looks for his second win in the division since dropping from lightweight when he takes on onetime title challenger Chad Mendes (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC). Guida, who grew up an hour from Milwaukee in Johnsburg, Ill., was 146, while Mendes came in at 145.

Also on the main card, Ben Rothwell (32-9 MMA, 2-3 UFC), of nearby Kenosha, Wis., fights Brandon Vera (12-6 MMA, 8-6 UFC) at heavyweight. Rothwell left the scale with a 21-pound advantage at 262 to Vera's 241 pounds. And Milwaukee-based Erik Koch (13-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) meets Dustin Poirier (13-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) at featherweight. Poirier was 145.5; Koch weighed in at 145 in front of his home fans.
    The full UFC 164 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
    • Benson Henderson (155) vs. Anthony Pettis (154.5)

• Josh Barnett (255) vs. Frank Mir (248)

• Clay Guida (146) vs. Chad Mendes (145)

• Ben Rothwell (262) vs. Brandon Vera (241)

• Erik Koch (145) vs. Dustin Poirier (145.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
    •Gleison Tibau (155) vs. Jamie Varner (156)

•Tim Elliott (125.5) vs. Louis Gaudinot (125)

•Pascal Krauss (170) vs. Hyun Gyu Lim (171)

•Chico Camus (135) vs. Kyung Ho Kang (136)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)
    •Nikita Krylov (236) vs. Soa Palelei (265)

•Ryan Couture (156) vs. Al Iaquinta (156)

•Magnus Cedenblad (185) vs. Jared Hamman (185.5)
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I'm looking forward to this event. I don't like how the main event fell in place, but purely as a fight I love it. I picked Bendo to win another decision, but as long as it's as goodor better than their first encounter, I don't care who wins.

I'd also like to see Barnett sub Mir, but it might not happen.

And I'm desperate to see Aldo move up to lightweight after a potential fight with Lamas and maybe a rematch with KZ for two reasons. One, the fights for Aldo in that division are intriguing as hell. And two, if the rematch doesn't ever come to fruition, perhaps Chad Mendes can get another shot at the title. Mendes has a damn good streak of three first round stoppages, and MAYBE with a KO victory over Guida he can get a rematch. It'd be a shame if it didn't happen though. I think he deserves it.

I watched the weigh ins and all I could think about was Arianny and how it looked like she's gotten some work done to her face. Explains why she wasn't there Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    all I could think about was Arianny and how it looked like she's gotten some work done to her face. Explains why she wasn't there Wednesday.
    That would be rather unfortunate. When smokin' hot chicks start fucking with their faces it usually never ends well.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Goooo Tibau! I hope he can keep up his stamina, he always looks like he's gassing but seems to be mostly ok to the end of 15 mins. I'm really very strongly hoping that Vendor can beat Pettis everywhere and this fight goes longer than one round. I want to see lots of fighting between these very skilled fellers. I love this card and even though I'm pretty much broke I think I will have to watch it.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Koch vs Poirier should be a barnburner.

Great card. Vera at 241lbs? Wow. Must have been on a mission to eat all the ice cream that he couldn't while at LHW!

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    That would be rather unfortunate. When smokin' hot chicks start fucking with their faces it usually never ends well.
    I couldn't agree more, but look...

Call me crazy, but something looks different...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

DAMN, is that Brittney palmer on the left? She is looking extra fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information