Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Tony Lopez just officially became the worst person in MMA

Default So Tony Lopez just officially became the worst person in MMA

So Tony Lopez just officially became the worst person in MMA

If you're from California then some of you may know of Tony Lopez from an innumerable amount of King of the Cage fights he's had over his eight-year long MMA career. The guy has held the championship strap in three separate weight classes in KOTC along with a few smaller organizations that we can't even begin to name. However this article wasn't designed to praise Tony Lopez or glorify any of his accomplishments in MMA. Not at all. Just a few minutes ago, Tony Lopez just became the worst person in MMA.

Tonight at KOTC: Split Decision, Tony Lopez did the most reprehensible thing one could ever do in mixed martial arts. After securing a rear naked choke on his opponent, Lopez held on to the submission as the referee was trying to separate him. It's not as if he didn't feel the ref pushing his body off his opponent. Tony Lopez intentionally held on to the choke and after he felt like he was done punishing his opponent, Tony Lopez hit him in the face. Check out the .gif of the incident below.

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/...-person-in-mma
    Tony Lopez explained why he acted like an idiot, and he's not even apologetic

Last night Tony Lopez decided to pull a Babalu Sobral and Paul Daley all rolled in one at KOTC and hold onto a choke while the ref tried to separate them along with serving his opponent a sucker punch after the bell. You can watch the entire incident here if you feel like having your blood boil this early in the morning.

MMA Prime's Aaron Tru was on location at KOTC and even managed to get this brief interview after Tony Lopez's bizarre fight. Keep in mind the California State Athletic Commission has already suspended Tony Lopez indefinitely.

Now check out Tony Lopez explaining why he acted like an idiot, and the explanation isn't that meaningful -- definitely nothing to justify what he did to his opponent.

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/...ven-apologetic
    Follow the links for the full articles and discussions. Pretty uncool stuff IMO.
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 08-31-2013 at 02:29 PM.

He shouldn't be allowed to fight anymore

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He should be banned for life, what a douchebag, fuck him.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Someone get this man a title shot! He's got hype behind him! He'll sell tickets.

Revoke his license. The End.

"He hit me first." Even Paul Daley wasn't dumb enough to try that one.

8. Default

His reason for holding on to the choke and hitting him with the cheap shot after the fight was because his opponent landed a good punch that hurt him in the first round? And he wanted payback?

For his actions in the cage, he should be suspended and fined.

But after hearing his "explanation" during subsequent interview, I think he should be banned from fighting. The guy is an idiot.
    ------------------

In a perfect world he would lose his licence to fight he would head overseas and Gilbert Yvel would come out of retirement to re claim his throne.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Personally he ain't my most hated guy in MMA one because this is my first time seeing or hearing of him in a top story manner and two
    I just really despise Rebney/Sapp/Jones/Tito....Maybe even Daley but not for his post fight antics just due to his arrogance and stupidity.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information