Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: UFC 164: Henderson vs. Pettis II- Live Results and Discussion Thread

1. Default

The judge who scored the Camus vs Kang fight 30-27 for Camus should honestly be stripped of any judging duties.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

and people said bendo was a better overall fighter that had come so much further than pettis did since their fight. Pettis was shown his only weakness during his fight with guida and then he worked on it - with a guy named ben askren. When you work with a guy at that level you improve drastically as it showed when bendo attempted to take him down.

Pettis is sick, at 155 I don't see many people being able to hang with him on the feet and when / if he is on his back he is as active as any fighter ive seen looking for subs. Dudes a dangerous matchup for anyone. With that said - where you at Jose?!? haha

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    and people said bendo was a better overall fighter that had come so much further than pettis did since their fight. Pettis was shown his only weakness during his fight with guida and then he worked on it - with a guy named ben askren. When you work with a guy at that level you improve drastically as it showed when bendo attempted to take him down.

Pettis is sick, at 155 I don't see many people being able to hang with him on the feet and when / if he is on his back he is as active as any fighter ive seen looking for subs. Dudes a dangerous matchup for anyone. With that said - where you at Jose?!? haha
    I was one of those people, I thought Ben's improvements since the last fight were more significant than the improvements we've seen from Pettis. The fact is, that while I think Henderson has refined his style more than Pettis, settling for an effective, point-scoring stand up game, and dominant and heavy top game.

The problem is, Pettis is a crafty striker with a technical advantage over Henderson, and a dynamic, aggressive bottom game. Had we known just how dangerous Pettis' guard had become, then it would have looked like a far more difficult stylistic matchup for Henderson than most people thought it would be.

I say set up Grant vs Pettis, and if he gets through TJ then set up the super fight with Jose!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Koch/Poirier FOTN

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Koch/Poirier FOTN
    Too right man. That first round especially was amazing. A tight triangle, a knockdown, and (unless my memory fails me) a d'arce attempt. Such a dynamic couple of guys!

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    The judge who scored the Camus vs Kang fight 30-27 for Camus should honestly be stripped of any judging duties.
    thank you! I was so pissed when I heard that. Kang won that fight, and Florian and Sonnen agreed. Kang got robbed, and that was a disgrace judging by all 3 honestly.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

I'm STILL one of those people that think Bendo is a more well rounded fighter. He lost the fight dude, that doesn't mean all of a sudden Pettis trumps him in everything. They're both incredible light weights, I still have Bendo as the more well rounded fighter. I see a lot off the 155'ers being able to 'hang' with Pettis. Pressure is his worst enemy.

Pettis did impressed me. We haven't seen much other aspects of his game, besides his striking, as or late, but his td defense and submission game looked very on point. Bendo seems like he doesn't really show up to a lot of his fights since he became a champion. It may just be the tougher competition or the mental aspect, but in the second frankie fight, the mendes fight, and now this fight he seemed a bit flat. Don't get me wrong, he was looking pretty good in the beginning, but then he stopped pressuring Pettis backwards and that's when Pettis was able to unleash those nasty kicks. It looked like he got too comfortable after the first few exchanges or he just slept on his gameplan. Either way, both fighters are great and as good as they are, I can see and I hope to see both of them improve their games moving forward, which is exciting.

i took my 2 boys to this as the last fun trip before they headed back to school this morning and 2 things sat in my mind as we flew home yesterday (bear in mind my kids are typically very polite but are starting to notice i curse a bit more than i should):
    MY youngest who is 11 noticed as soon as Mir got hit with the knee was " holy shit! Dad hes OUT!!!!!! look he's a noodle!"
    and
    During the main event my oldest, who is 13, was like " wow, bensons a......wait..dad what the fuck just happened???? is it seriously over? how the hell did that happen???"

I always find it funny to watch their reactions to finishes in MMA because the game can change in a flash knockout....err i mean flash. (sorry frank)

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information