Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: UFC 164: Henderson vs. Pettis II- Live Results and Discussion Thread

Once Bendo stopped pressuring Pettis backwards, it opened up those viscous kicks. Good showing by Pettis.

Now, time for Pettis to call out Aldo and state he wants to win the 145 title and hold the belts simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Now, time for Pettis to call out Aldo and state he wants to win the 145 title and hold the belts simultaneously.
    He just did.

Nailed it
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Bendo/Thomson would be a fun bounceback fight.

So, Joe Silva already told him to call Aldo out if he wins....I wonder, given their questionable PPV drawing abilities, maybe that's a FOX card main event that they want to make and draw a massive number through hyping it during NFL Sundays.

What a bummer. Great night of fights though.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

So, Joe Silva already told him to call Aldo out if he wins....I wonder, given their questionable PPV drawing abilities, maybe that's a FOX card main event that they want to make and draw a massive number through hyping it during NFL Sundays.
    I think that's a pretty distinct possibility. If they go that route, I'd love to see Lamas vs Mendes for the next title shot
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by MirJitsu View Post
    I think that's a pretty distinct possibility. If they go that route, I'd love to see Lamas vs Mendes for the next title shot
    Fuck, make that the co-main underneath to hype the next matchup.

I really want to see Grant get his title shot, but from everything I've heard, his concussion issues are still ongoing and he isn't ready to comeback and fight yet.

Thread Information