Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 164: Henderson vs. Pettis II- Live Results and Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Wouldn't have changed anything but that was stop was way early.
    Maybe a little early, but in the replay, the position Guida was in looked like he was going to take a big beating. Mendes was pulled off him before any more damage was done, so it is hard to tell if it was a good stoppage or not. To me it looked alright.

I've got such a nervous feeling in my stomach about this fight. If Mir comes in sluggish, it's going to be a short night for him.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Unless ZUFFA is getting creative with their measurements, pretty sure Goose is still giving up 8 inches in reach to Jones, as opposed to what they were trying to sell us there. Am I wrong?

Best part about Mir/Barnett....Werdum's vast grappling superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Maybe a little early, but in the replay, the position Guida was in looked like he was going to take a big beating. Mendes was pulled off him before any more damage was done, so it is hard to tell if it was a good stoppage or not. To me it looked alright.
    Maybe I guess, but Travis was taking worse and they let it go???

Fuck, I'm so pumped for this fight. I'm getting a little nervous lol. Win or lose, I just hope Barnett has a good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Fuck, I'm so pumped for this fight. I'm getting a little nervous lol. Win or lose, I just hope Barnett has a good showing.
    Lov them both so all I can hope for is a good fight

Random but damn I would have loved to see Herring vs Barnett
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Maybe I guess, but Travis was taking worse and they let it go???
    I never saw that fight, was it the same ref? I tend not to compare fights that aren't on the same card or the same ref because it is such an inconsistent thing, which is a little frustrating. The Guida stoppage may have been a little early, but imo it wasn't enough to consider controversial.

Mir has the haircut of a bully from an early 90s kids movie.

Thread Information