Thread: Chris Weidman Got Stopped By TSA For A Suspicious Item

Default Chris Weidman Got Stopped By TSA For A Suspicious Item

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/1/468...uspicious-item

Chris Weidman posted the above photo on his Facebook page with "Airport security had to check out my bag because of suspicious item.. #belt" as the caption.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Chris Weidman posted the above photo on his Facebook page with "Airport security had to check out my bag because of suspicious item.. #belt" as the caption. Apparently, even when you're the champ, TSA finds ways to mess with you.
    Not entirely unreasonable. I worked as a screening officer for UPS and looking at that picture I see all the possible components for an IED. The belt is actually the least threatening part of that as it doesn't contain any organic material. The red flag would have gone up because of the orange section below the belt with the green and blue pieces on it and what appear to be wires to the right of the image. There are four parts to an IED and I see the possibility for all of them.

1. Explosive charge - The orange part below the belt.
    2. Switch - The blue/green item to the bottom left of the image could possibly be used as a switch.
    3. Detonator - The blue items at the end of the wires could be interpreted as blasting caps.
    4. Power Source - Could be something as small as a watch battery possibly in the switch.

Another red flag that would go up is the black areas on the belt known as "shield areas" which are areas that are dense enough to not absorb the x-rays. These could be used to hide something in the bag and would immediately warrant a hand search.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Actually, the Elites won.

4. 09-06-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    The terrorists won.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Not entirely unreasonable. I worked as a screening officer for UPS and looking at that picture I see all the possible components for an IED. The belt is actually the least threatening part of that as it doesn't contain any organic material. The red flag would have gone up because of the orange section below the belt with the green and blue pieces on it and what appear to be wires to the right of the image. There are four parts to an IED and I see the possibility for all of them.

1. Explosive charge - The orange part below the belt.
    2. Switch - The blue/green item to the bottom left of the image could possibly be used as a switch.
    3. Detonator - The blue items at the end of the wires could be interpreted as blasting caps.
    4. Power Source - Could be something as small as a watch battery possibly in the switch.

Another red flag that would go up is the black areas on the belt known as "shield areas" which are areas that are dense enough to not absorb the x-rays. These could be used to hide something in the bag and would immediately warrant a hand search.
    The terrorists won.

Even the TSA couldn't believe he'd beaten Silva...

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Thread Information