+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Nelson vs. Urijah Faber, Round 3

Default Roy Nelson vs. Urijah Faber, Round 3

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...Faber-Round-3/

Urijah Faber has had four title shots, and although he lost each one, those are the only fights he ever lost.

Thus it did not sit well with Faber when Roy Nelson, who is himselft intent on getting a title shot, complained about the numbers fights for the belt that "The Californai Kid" has received.

"It takes more than being somebody people like to get title shots—you've got to win," said Faber. "I just watched an interview Dana did about big Roy Nelson, and I saw an interview where Roy Nelson mentioned me. He actually said my name wrong, he said 'if I was Ariah Faber I would have a title shot,' and I looked at my record and I looked at his record, and I'm like dude I win my fights to get into title fights. That’s what Dana was saying."

In interview with BloodyElbow's Steph Daniels, Nelson responds.

"He got mad about me saying he gets too many title shots? But I say that to his face, and he's the nicest guy to my face. Whatever he's bitched about is what I say to his face. It's not like it's coming from anywhere else. I say it to his face, that's how I roll. If he wants to fight, we can fight but he might have to get in line.

"I'm not hating on him, I'm just asking him how the f--- does he get like 5 million title shots? I was asking for the blueprint. I'm being genuine when I'm asking, ‘Hey, how do you get all of these title shots? Did you catch someone murdering somebody? What do you have on somebody? Or does your management have something or somebody? Or do I just need to be small? Do I need to be under 5 foot? What's the rule?'

"Uhriah? Ariah? They're all the same. It's iah. The fact he answered to that makes it his name. If I called ‘You Butthead' and you answer to it, then that's your name. If he was in my movie I'd probably call him Uh-riah because that's easier to say. Actually, I'd let him pick his own name so his feelings weren't hurt."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Nelson needs to shut up, and beat high caliber opponents when he fights them, plain and simple..

Faber has been one of the best in the world for years and years now and wins his fights.. Nelson is inconsistant as hell and Faber has always been the #1 contender.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I'm under the impression Roy Nelson is going the Chael Sonnen route with his interviews, except his rarely (if ever) sound as good. Chael is more charismatic in my opinion anyway, which may skew my view.

Roy isn't Sonnen. Roy is just a dumb guy that thinks he is smart. *shakes belly and mention whopper or big Mac*
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Roy isn't Sonnen. Roy is just a dumb guy that thinks he is smart. *shakes belly and mention whopper or big Mac*
    Sonnen isn't Sonnen. Roy may say stupid shit but at least it's original stupid shit, not rehashed Superstar Billy Graham lines.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

"If I called you 'Butthead' and you answer to it, then that's your name."

Haha, that's awesome.

Yes, Roy Nelson is the king of originality. No one has ever complained about Faber's title shots, and I have never seen a fat guy poke fun at his own weight via fast food references. The only thing that Nelson is an original is being a Rampage level of jaded with none of the accomplishments. Nelson is tough as nails, and a good fighter, but the guy is a jackass. Like Sonnen's shtick or not, he is far more intelligent than Nelson. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I feel pretty strongly about this one.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Tough as nails is over.

Mark my words, Roy Nelsons chin has left the building!

Feed Nelson to the Warmaster.....That is all.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Feed Nelson to the Warmaster.....That is all.
    That would make no sense Roy is coming off a loss and Josh off a win over guy that beat him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information