+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mir, Barnett, White: Stoppage was early

I would like to see them scrap the Jordan/Gonzaga fight give Mir Jordan as a confidence booster and skid snapper. Give Barnett Gonzaga as another step in the right direction...Interestingly enough I could see Gonzaga being a harder test then Mir.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Might have been a step too early but nothing to complain about. Mir wasnt going anywhere.

^^ Agree
    I'd like to see Mir fight someone like Rothwell now. I think that would be a bigger confidence booster than Jordan. Maybe Barnett could fight Bigfoot or Hunt?
    Favourites- Fedor, Randy, the Nogs, Bas, Hunt, Igor Vovchanchyn, Lesnar, Chael, Jennum, Matt Brown, Taktarov, Pat Barry, Bam Bam Dewees, Hamill, Renzo, Cro Cop, Te Huna, Maia, Lawler, Mousasi

Listen, It was early no doubt.. BUT Mir did go limp and the ref panicked, so it wasn't the worst stoppage i've ever seen but still very pre-mature. I wanted Barnett to win don't get me wrong, but I would have loved to see Barnett put Mir to sleep for real.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

If might have been early but not by that much. Mir dropped and was about to take a beating at the hands of Barnett on the ground. If the ref hadn't stepped in right there Barnett would have started to drop bombs on him from the top.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahchokespitbarfgakhahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Oh Mir...that is absolute comedy gold. had me laughing till I puked.

rh
    Did Mir really say that? Really? I don't know if I should laugh or shake my head in emberassment, as a Mir fan.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Triangle View Post
    Did Mir really say that? Really? I don't know if I should laugh or shake my head in emberassment, as a Mir fan.
    I quoted what the article had him saying. You know, I've often wondered what guys like Bisping see in the mirror...now I'm wondering what Mir saw on that video. He doesn't need a confidence booster...he needs a psychiatrist.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Early stoppages suck, but a) I don't think this was unprofessionally early; b) I believe refs shouldn't get this amount of shit for early stoppages, only late stoppages. Better to have healthy fighters competing again quickly than people taking dangerous amounts of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Mir definitely went out for a split second so I have no problem with the stoppage. I doubt he could have come back from that as Barnett seemed to be in a great position to follow up.

I'd love to see Mir-Overeem in a loser gets fired fight.
    “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”

I'm a huge warmaster fan, but Mir really wasn't given much of a chance to recover. The second he went down from the knee the ref stepped in. So I think he gets another bite at the apple, maybe taking on a up in comer? As for Barnett, I kinda would like to see him fight big nog again, IDK.....someone mention Travis Browne, that could be interesting too....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information