Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White: Manager making Jose Aldo look scared of fellow UFC champ Anthony Pettis

If Pettis fights TJ Grant, I don't have a problem with Aldo getting the next shot. If he drops the FW belt.

But this was a bullshit thing for Dana White to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/2/...c-164-mma-news
    Coach: Anthony Pettis has ‘good chance’ to finish Jose Aldo
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Could he please string together a few title defenses before we start the insanity?

Stupid thing for Dana to say. With Aldo's skills, record and what fighters like Anderson say about him (i.e., if Aldo was a middleweight, I would retire), he is a very easy fighter to market. Dana should be pushing him as a killer instead of BS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Yeah, that's not the same size. It's not even close to the same size.
    Give as versatile a striker as Pettis 5 inches in length, he's going to make a lot of it.

Yeah, I'm not a fight fan because I'd rather see defenders actually defend their belts instead of chasing an extra 50k PPV buys at the expense of the contenders in their division.

I don't hate the fight, I hate the timing of it.
    And I really hate the bullshit dana brings with his announcements.
    He didn't say anything like this when Georges didn't want to move up to face Anderson [with considerably more incentive] or when Anderson wanted no part of Jones. Hell, he didn't even say anything like that when Anderson wanted no part of the #1 contender when he said he'd be a fool to face Weidman.

He shouldn't have said anything at all about Pederneiras or Aldo.

Pederneiras wipes more class off his ass after taking a dump than dana will muster in his entire lifetime.

rh
    So the Korean Zombie is the same height as Pettis and has 2 inches of reach on him. So size wise Pettis won't even be a huge at 145.
    But besides that I really do understand your point. Everything you said makes sense. I do feel though that we got robbed of Pettis being at the top with the Edgar/Maynard Draw and then the bogus Guida decision lost. It will be one hell of a fight with the p4p best vs a fighter with seemingly limitless potential.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Whats the point of having championships then? or weight classes? or rankings?
    Who says you can't have 2 championships, fight in two weight classes and be ranked in both?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Stupid thing for Dana to say. With Aldo's skills, record and what fighters like Anderson say about him (i.e., if Aldo was a middleweight, I would retire), he is a very easy fighter to market. Dana should be pushing him as a killer instead of BS like this.
    It is Dana White we are talking about.
    The same douchebag that in public said that his UFC champion (JDS, at the time) is known because he gasses in the later rounds, and that Cain Velasquez did a very stupid fight. (It was in Fox, right after their first fight)
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information