Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: White: Manager making Jose Aldo look scared of fellow UFC champ Anthony Pettis

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    What an utter punkassed useless waste dana is.

Did he tell the world the soares was making Anderson look scared when Silva didn't want to move up to 205 to face Jones?
    Dana continues to undervalue Aldo and mismanage his portrayal in the media. if you asked dana if Aldo was better p4p than chael fucking sonnen, white would tell you he wasn't, because sonnen sells more ppvs.

This is dana trying to tell an uneducated public what they should think, applying pressure to Aldo and Pederneiras. Mendes has earned a rematch, a superfight with Pettis--at any weight class--shouldn't even be discussed at this point. I'm 100% sure that Guida would have gotten a title shot if he'd beaten Chad last night. Give Mendes his rematch and leave superfights off the board.

rh
    Now I agree with most of this, and rarely disagree with anything rh says.. I gotta just say this..

Pettis' only clear cut challenger right now is TJ Grant honestly, the #1 contender.. No other fights really make since at 155 for him, and the Aldo fight IS the fight people WANT to see. So for Pettis pushing this fight is brilliant and Aldo did agree to fight him before, BUT Pettis was the only who pulled out I understand, not Aldo. Pettis doesn't have much to do at 155 atm.

At 145.. Edgar, Lamas, Swanson, Poirier all guys who are on the edge of a title shot...BUT Pettis/Aldo is a fight people want to see.. Make some legit #1 contenders after they make Pettis/Grant & Aldo/Lamas.. If they both win then set them up in a super-fight.. That is what makes perfect sense to me.. Then after that 145 and 155 should have some legit #1 contenders for the Titleshots.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    Now I agree with most of this, and rarely disagree with anything rh says.. I gotta just say this..

Pettis' only clear cut challenger right now is TJ Grant honestly, the #1 contender.. No other fights really make since at 155 for him, and the Aldo fight IS the fight people WANT to see. So for Pettis pushing this fight is brilliant and Aldo did agree to fight him before, BUT Pettis was the only who pulled out I understand, not Aldo. Pettis doesn't have much to do at 155 atm.

At 145.. Edgar, Lamas, Swanson, Poirier all guys who are on the edge of a title shot...BUT Pettis/Aldo is a fight people want to see.. Make some legit #1 contenders after they make Pettis/Grant & Aldo/Lamas.. If they both win then set them up in a super-fight.. That is what makes perfect sense to me.. Then after that 145 and 155 should have some legit #1 contenders for the Titleshots.
    Josh Thompson can easily be pushed for a title shot with another win. Guys like Melendez and Pat healy can also easily be throw into the title picture soon. Pettis just earned the title, there is no point in him fighting at 145 until he proves he is a legitimate champion and gets some defenses.

I think when you have 2 fighters who are as skilled as Aldo and Pettis it would be a shame to not make that fight happen. They are around the same size so it's nothing like the whole GSP/Silva/Jones nonsense. I say book the fight, sit back and enjoy the show.

TJ Grant before Aldo, else fuck UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Whats the point of having championships then? or weight classes? or rankings?
    WHY CAN'T I REP YOU??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    I think when you have 2 fighters who are as skilled as Aldo and Pettis it would be a shame to not make that fight happen. They are around the same size so it's nothing like the whole GSP/Silva/Jones nonsense. I say book the fight, sit back and enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Whats the point of having championships then? or weight classes? or rankings?
    Meh, he lost me after he erroneously stated they're the same size. Aldo is significantly smaller than Pettis.

Superfights are stupid.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Meh, he lost me after he erroneously stated they're the same size. Aldo is significantly smaller than Pettis.

Superfights are stupid.

rh
    Well they are close in size, Pettis is only 3 inches taller and has just a 2 inch reach advantage. Aldo appears to be thicker. Pettis can make 145 and Aldo has to cut a ton of weight to make it. Sorry if I lost you.
    I think it's a tricky situation when it comes down to rankings and what not but if you don't want to see this fight then you really aren't a fight fan.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    The guy hasn't even defended his title yet, why are they talking about "superfights"? Personally, I don't think Pettis will be able to hold on to that belt. I could see guys like Gil Melendez, TJ Grant, and Gray Maynard beating him.

And Aldo still has some intriguing fights/rematches at Featherweight. Mendes has improved tremendously and deserves a rematch. Ricardo Lamas still hasn't gotten his shot. Cub Swanson is another guy who has shown incredible improvement and I would love to see that rematch as well. And there's still Frankie Edgar, who in my opinion narrowly edged out the decision against Aldo last time.

The point is... this "superfight" talk is premature.

I agree that a superfight is premature. But the argument that "Gil Melendez, TJ Grant, and Gray Maynard beating him" a lot of people saw Bendo beating him..picked him...said he's too well rounded. Pettis is confident and with good reason. he was dryhumped by guidda who was eating repeated shots from bottom. Pettis will break the will of these fighters. my opinion.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    Well they are close in size, Pettis is only 3 inches taller and has just a 2 inch reach advantage. Aldo appears to be thicker. Pettis can make 145 and Aldo has to cut a ton of weight to make it.
    Yeah, that's not the same size. It's not even close to the same size.
    Give as versatile a striker as Pettis 5 inches in length, he's going to make a lot of it.

Sorry if I lost you.
    I think it's a tricky situation when it comes down to rankings and what not but if you don't want to see this fight then you really aren't a fight fan.
    Yeah, I'm not a fight fan because I'd rather see defenders actually defend their belts instead of chasing an extra 50k PPV buys at the expense of the contenders in their division.

I don't hate the fight, I hate the timing of it.
    And I really hate the bullshit dana brings with his announcements.
    He didn't say anything like this when Georges didn't want to move up to face Anderson [with considerably more incentive] or when Anderson wanted no part of Jones. Hell, he didn't even say anything like that when Anderson wanted no part of the #1 contender when he said he'd be a fool to face Weidman.

He shouldn't have said anything at all about Pederneiras or Aldo.

Pederneiras wipes more class off his ass after taking a dump than dana will muster in his entire lifetime.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information