Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White on Palelei-Krylov bout: 'It was embarrassing'

Default White on Palelei-Krylov bout: 'It was embarrassing'

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/1/...s-embarrassing
    The fighters gassed themselves out in a furious first round in which Palelei worked ground and pound while Krylov attempted numerous submissions from the bottom.

Because of the early exertion, both men fought exhausted from that point on until Palelei finished Krylov at the 1:34 mark of the third round.

"Mercifully" finished, to hear Dana White say it.

"You don't want to hear my thoughts on that fight," he said in the post-fight scrum. "That was fight was embarrassing. That looked like a Toughman fight."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

They gassed pretty quick but neither of them gave up or stopped going for a finish. It wasn't the best fight ever but I wouldn't go so far as to call it embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

3. Default

Far from embarrassing. They gave all they had. Soa broke his ribs in the first and still fought on.

4. Default

Both guys put on a better performance then Brandon Vera did.

For a UFC level it was embarrasing indeed.
    Not only because they gassed very quickly, but because a lot of things they did were very sloppy.

You would expect a karate master to throw punches with a much better technique than that.
    It was an entertaining fight for moments, but overall both of them showed that they would get destroyed by any Top 20 fighter.

Nikita at least is only 21 years old though, he still has time to improve and become a much better fighter.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

It was very old school UFC Heavyweight action.

Dana actually just cannot not be a douche.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I was extremely disappointed by Krylov's performance. I thought he was supposed to be some kind of a killer? I didn't get that feeling at all watching him fight....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I also expected much more from Krylov.
    BTW someone should tell the commentators that his surname is not pronounced "Krailov"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

It wasn't a great fight but you had two young guys, probably a lot of the "UFC jitters," one had a broken rib and the other got smashed in the first round and that can really drain your cardio. I say we have to see another fight from both of them before shitting on their abilities or gas tank.

Thread Information