+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Bader: Im Ready to Go Out There and Upset Glover and the UFCs Plans for Him

Default Ryan Bader: Im Ready to Go Out There and Upset Glover and the UFCs Plans for Him

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ryan-bader-...-plans-for-him

We were thinking about him long before and he had to switch it up and think about Te Huna, so weve been having a long training camp for him. At least thinking about him for when I healed up and started training again and getting back at it, it was for Glover, Bader told MMAWeekly content partner Knockout Radio.

I was either scouting him or watching video and hes been on my mind knowing that Im going to fight him, so I have had a lot of time to prepare for him, more so than I would have to prepare for someone else or for him to prepare for me, he added.

UFC Fight Night 28 takes place at the Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Fighting a Brazilian in Brazil is a unique experience. The crowd is nationalistic and vocal. Bader had the opportunity to travel to Teixeiras home country a few weeks ago to attend UFC 163 and witnessed the atmosphere firsthand.

We got a call that we had to go down to Brazil about three weeks ago, so I was kind of bummed I had to leave in the middle of training camp, but it was good because I got to go down there and went to that UFC Rio fight, he said.

I was starting to listen to the energy of the crowd, the Youre gonna die chants, all that kind of stuff. They were all really cool to me, really respectful. Everybody was fine, but theyre definitely going to be chanting and rooting against me when its my turn to come out, so I listened to it, I heard it, I know what to expect and its not going to bother me, said the 30-year-old American.

Fighting in your home country or hometown can play in your favor with not having to get acclimated to time zones and travel, but it can also be a major distraction.

I think its more pressure on the guy being in his hometown or home country and you have to deal with more people. For me, Im going down there with my three coaches and thats it. So theyre all in the same state of mind that Im in, explained Bader.

Nobody is asking me for tickets or where my after party is at or anything like that. So I just focus on that and its kind of like the old school wrestling days when you go to some random Midwest town in the middle of winter where you just get the job done and leave. So thats my mindset going into that, he added.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Entirely possible. Bader has a good chance against Glover.

I honestly think Glover beats Bader however he wants.

A friend of mine has been training and sparing with Bader for about the last 2 months now & Naturally he has Bader winning the fight(we're actually betting on it).
    I saw Bader when he was at my friends last fight and I told him "Good Luck, Glover's a well rounded beast."
    And he said those are fights he likes.
    So we shall see. But I have Glover winning this fight All Day.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Glover is going to smash Bader, simple as that. First rd domination sub.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Can't see Bader winning in any aspect of the game, especially as he knows he has to worry about his chin. Is anyone picking him for the upset?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Bader wins via UD.
    Dude, Im a wrestler. Im the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thats all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I actually have Bader's wrestling being the key. If he does win, it'll be by decision.

I'm really interested in seeing him fight a wrestler. To this point, Eastman and Ed Herman are the two best wrestlers he's fought and Herman beat him (very early on) and he KO'ed Eastman who is considerably small and short for the division. Eastman took him down easily when he did fully commit, however.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

If Bader comes in with the same gameplan for Jackson, he takes a UD. Glover has looked alright lately, but not like a champion. His cardio is a bit suspect too.

Tex is well rounded and has that killer instinct but he's not very fast and his cardio is meh. I can't get over how sloppy the Rampage fight was.

Well if Bader comes rushing in chin-first like he did against Machida, he's toast. If he actually uses his wrestling he's got a shot.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information