Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Bader: Im Ready to Go Out There and Upset Glover and the UFCs Plans for Him

I think I'm leaning toward Bader myself.

Teixeira's simply overrated right now.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

2. Default

What does Bader offer that is better than Glover? His wrestling?

He's a much better wrestler and has had great success when he actually uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He's a much better wrestler and has had great success when he actually uses it.
    Sig bet?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

My bad, I usually don't check during or real close to event.

Tex got dropped and also staggered by a guy with weak standup. Good win but definitely not a good sign of striking defense. That "pit" mentality of lifting up your head and eating shots to throw back isn't going to work with the top of the weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    My bad, I usually don't check during or real close to event.

Tex got dropped and also staggered by a guy with weak standup. Good win but definitely not a good sign of striking defense. That "pit" mentality of lifting up your head and eating shots to throw back isn't going to work with the top of the weight class.
    No, I was hoping he'd look better. Doesn't matter, he'll fight Bones/Goose next. Unless DC can get his weight down by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

He did upset Glover, except glover Ko'd him shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No, I was hoping he'd look better. Doesn't matter, he'll fight Bones/Goose next. Unless DC can get his weight down by then.
    I'm actually hoping Big Country beats Cormier now. And I liked Cormier for a long time, and I do not like Nelson at all. But the combination of entitlement/unearned LHW shot and the utter punkassedness of trying to dictate how another fighter wears his hair in a bout--after he begged Roy to re-sign with the UFC to face him--has just worn me out. Nelson for the upset and the fly in the ointment.

I doubt it will happen, since Cormier is coming off as a chump lately won't diminish his skills, but it would be nice to squash another stupid PPV-sales-dictate-title-shotz bout and fend off another horrible misrepresentation of what pound for pound means when Jones beats a guy he has 20" of length advantage over.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm actually hoping Big Country beats Cormier now. And I liked Cormier for a long time, and I do not like Nelson at all. But the combination of entitlement/unearned LHW shot and the utter punkassedness of trying to dictate how another fighter wears his hair in a bout--after he begged Roy to re-sign with the UFC to face him--has just worn me out. Nelson for the upset and the fly in the ointment.

I doubt it will happen, since Cormier is coming off as a chump lately won't diminish his skills, but it would be nice to squash another stupid PPV-sales-dictate-title-shotz bout and fend off another horrible misrepresentation of what pound for pound means when Jones beats a guy he has 20" of length advantage over.

rh
    After being called an Uncle Tom by Nelson, Cormier has earned the right to be a chump to Nelson anyway he wants.
    Dude, Im a wrestler. Im the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thats all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

He didn't call him an Uncle Tom. He said people in his camp/friends would label what he did, saying he wanted to beat Nelson for the BOSS, an Uncle Tom move.

Thread Information