Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryan Bader: Im Ready to Go Out There and Upset Glover and the UFCs Plans for Him

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He didn't call him an Uncle Tom. He said people in his camp/friends would label what he did, saying he wanted to beat Nelson for the BOSS, an Uncle Tom move.
    Eh, same thing..

"I'm not saying you are stupid, but what you did was stupid and everyone I know agrees with me."

Not the same thing in context.

I've heard that Roy felt like he and other fighters were "slaves to the UFC machine" and would never be able get out from under the mistreatment of DFW. He therefore was referring to it from the context that he and DC were one in the same. Clearly the racial connotation was there as he stated his "black friends" would call it that but I'm inclined to believe that's what he meant based on what I've been told.

(Even though it seems that EVERYONE who uses the term has no clue about who the character actually was in the book)
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He didn't call him an Uncle Tom. He said people in his camp/friends would label what he did, saying he wanted to beat Nelson for the BOSS, an Uncle Tom move.
    It's the same thing in essence. Saying "you did an Uncle Tom move" is essentially calling someone an Uncle Tom. Semantics.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

No, it isn't.

Stating that someone pulled a "move" is not the same as calling them what it is you are describing. On the contrary, it generally shows that the action you are describing is MORE out of character than being their character.

If you don't recognize that, this discussion has not chance of moving forward and it isn't even part of the initial discussion. Also, you should read my above post for more insight.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information