Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mark Hunt, 'Bigfoot' Silva Agree to Headline Next UFC Event in Australia

Wow what a fight, hopefully Hunt can keep it standing and not get mounted. HUNT KO!
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    I get a slight headache just imagining what Hunt could do to Bigfoot's skull.
    I get a slight headache just imagining what Bigfoot's skull could do to Hunt's hands...
    Nope

Bigfoot's a black belt with very good top control and Hunt's a limited fighter.

This shouldn't be a hard pick for anyone other than fanboys. (I like Mark Hunt just have never seen him as a "killer," just more like a guy who keeps coming forward using that incredible chin to wear you out until he lands the big 1-2)
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/2...va-but-remains

"I declined the fight," Hunt told Ariel Helwani on Monday's episode of The MMA Hour. "I wanted a different opponent. I didn't want to fight the fight because he's an ATT member.

"Not only that," Hunt elaborated, "the same thing happened with Cheick Kongo. We worked together before. Like I said before, though, I'm an employee of the company. It's just what we do for work. Business aside, we'll still be friends, say hi, this and that. That's the way it is."

Part of the reason Hunt was able to ultimately accept the bout aside from business considerations is the distance between he Bigfoot, both figuratively and literally. Hunt has conducted most of his recent camps in his native New Zealand. As the PRIDE veteran explains, he's mostly at peace with things because of how long it's been since they shared sparring time together.

"It was a while ago. I've had my last four camps in New Zealand. It was a while ago," Hunt recalled.
    "The thing about that," Hunt notes, "when I was working with Bigfoot, I was training for Stefan Struve in Japan in the states, in Vegas, and because of Bigfoot I found out how bad my leg was. It was My PCL. He was kicking it. That's how I realized. It was good. Then I had to pull out of that fight a week out, which is really disgusting."

Hunt notes it was training with Bigfoot that compelled him to get checked up by a doctor who basically told him he only had three working ligaments in his knee.

"I don't think it was getting the better of who, just us training. That's all it is. I don't look at it as anything other than trying to better myself. You're there trying to better the other guy. Get a different level of fitness, different level of learning. It's never a competition for me against the other person. Just trying to make myself a little better."

Hunt is also careful to not criticize Bigfoot for his most recent loss, a brutal stoppage at the hands of Cain Velasquez in May. "It's the fight game and everyone loses," Hunt observed. "You win some, you lose some.You just try to get back up on the horse."

That's precisely what Hunt himself is trying to do. He, too, is coming off of a loss, having most recently been stopped by strikes at the hands (and feet) of Junior dos Santos in May as well.

Hunt isn't exactly happy about having to face off against someone he shared training time with and who also waves the ATT flag, but at 39 years of age and headlining a card in Australia against a top-ranked opponent, he's delighted he gets his chance to put himself back in title contention talk.

"The thing about it is, it's a real blessing," Hunt said. "I'm thankful to the UFC for actually giving me this opportunity especially coming off of getting topped up by JDS in Vegas. I really thankful Dana and them gave me this opportunity.

"Again, it's a big step for me. Bigfoot's number four in the world. I'm not even in the top 10, I don't think. I'm blessed. I'm thankful UFC has given me this opportunity to do battle again and get back in the upper echelon."

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Bigfoot's a black belt with very good top control and Hunt's a limited fighter.

This shouldn't be a hard pick for anyone other than fanboys. (I like Mark Hunt just have never seen him as a "killer," just more like a guy who keeps coming forward using that incredible chin to wear you out until he lands the big 1-2)
    Bigfoot's stand up will be looking pretty limited as well though vs Hunt, I believe.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    The better question is... who sees this going to Silva?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I'll take the big fella in this one.
    I'm with you guys.. I think Bigfoot has better striking than Hunt, maybe not so much on the KO power, but I see Bigfoot taking this.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Bigfoot is gonna Roy Nelson groundhug Hunt.

Thread Information