Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt, 'Bigfoot' Silva Agree to Headline Next UFC Event in Australia

1. Default

WAR Hunt.

But Bigfoot would be served well to take this fight to the ground ASAP.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I've got Hunt. He's improved his TDD, still has a solid chin, and can easily connect worse than DC or Cain did. On top of that, I think Silva's last two wins were fairly odd and, while showed heart, showed that he still has bad holes in his striking defense.

On the other hand, if Silva gets Hunt clinched, especially against the cage, I could see him getting the sub. I think a lot of it will come down to how much Hunt has left in his training commitment after these surgeries.

Bigfoot by dominant top game.

Silva via cage work and ground and pound

Silva may win this one. Obviously if he keeps it standing he will lose very quickly.
    But if he manages to take Hunt to the ground, he can win.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    The better question is... who sees this going to Silva?
    I'll take him. I have it going either way really. If it goes to the ground, he will dominate him pretty handily, but if hunt keeps it standing, I don't see Big Foot's giant chin holding up

Man i've wanted to see this fight for ages but thought it would never happen after Hunt said he'd only think about fighting Bigfoot if it was for a title since they're training partners. Do they not train together anymore or are they just gonna have a good ol' friendly scrap for us Aussies? Either way......... fucking psyched
    Favourites- Fedor, Randy, the Nogs, Bas, Hunt, Igor Vovchanchyn, Lesnar, Chael, Jennum, Matt Brown, Taktarov, Pat Barry, Bam Bam Dewees, Hamill, Renzo, Cro Cop, Te Huna, Maia, Lawler, Mousasi

So here's a question:

If Hunt wins against the most recent title challenger, giving him 5 wins in his six UFC fights, where does that put him in regards to a title shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So here's a question:

If Hunt wins against the most recent title challenger, giving him 5 wins in his six UFC fights, where does that put him in regards to a title shot?
    If he wins I'd love to see him matched up against Barnett. He would still probably be 2 fights away from a title shot. Hunt's loss to JDS was pretty brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    If he wins I'd love to see him matched up against Barnett. He would still probably be 2 fights away from a title shot. Hunt's loss to JDS was pretty brutal.
    Agreed, it was a great fight but Hunt got beat at his own game. But I think a win against big Foot and then a win against AO, Travis Browne or Roy Nelson should set him up for the winner of Cain/JDS vs Werdum. Admittingly, it'll be a tough sell if JDS is the champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information