Thread: UFC Fight Night 28 weigh-in results: Headliners Bader, Teixeira on mark

1. Default UFC Fight Night 28 weigh-in results: Headliners Bader, Teixeira on mark

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...igh-in-results

BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil – MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was on scene and reporting live from today's UFC Fight Night 28 fighter weigh-ins, where all 22 fighters made weight for their Wednesday bouts.

The weigh-ins took place at Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil, the same venue that hosts Wednesday's card, which has a six-fight main card and four-fight preliminary card on FOX Sports 1 following one fight on Facebook.

The main event features a pair of 205-pounders ranked in the Top 10 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA light heavyweight rankings. No. 7 Glover Teixeira (21-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) meets No. 10 Ryan Bader (15-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) in the headliner. Teixeira, a Brazilian fighting three hours from his hometown, was 206 pounds. Bader, the Season 8 winner of "The Ultimate Fighter," was 205.

The co-main event features a key bout at 185 pounds as Yushin Okami (29-7 MMA, 13-4 UFC) takes on Ronaldo Souza (18-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC). Okami is ranked No. 4 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA middleweight rankings, while "Jacare" Souza is No. 8. "Jacare" weighed in first in front of his home Brazilian fans and came in at 186 pounds. Former middleweight title challenger Okami, who a little more than two years ago fought in Brazil and lost a championship fight to then-titleholder Anderson Silva, weighed in at 185.

Joseph Benavidez (18-3 MMA, 5-1 UFC) is No. 2 in the most recent USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA flyweight rankings, and he'll take on No. 5 Jussier Formiga (15-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) in an important contest at 125 pounds. A win for Benavidez could get him the next shot at champion Demetrious Johnson, which would be a rematch from the UFC's inaugural flyweight title fight nearly a year ago. Both fights weighed in at 126 pounds.
    The full UFC Fight Night 28 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)
    Ryan Bader (205) vs. Glover Teixeira (206)

Yushin Okami (185) vs. Ronaldo Souza (186)

Joseph Benavidez (126) vs. Jussier Formiga (126)

Piotr Hallmann (155) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (155)

Rafael Natal (185) vs. Tor Troeng (185)

Ali Bagautinov (125) vs. Marcos Vinicius (126)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 5 p.m. ET)
    Felipe Arantes (146) vs. Edimilson Souza (146)

Ramiro Hernandez (135) vs. Lucas Martins (136)

Elias Silverio (169) vs. Joao Zeferino (170)

Ivan Jorge (169) vs. Keith Wisniewski (170)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30 p.m. ET)
    Sean Spencer (171) vs. Yuri Villefort (170)
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

2. Default

Fight Preview
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I don't think i have seen Benavidez looking so sickly before.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

This bot angers me, because I wasn't thinking when I saw this had been commented on, and thought "Bader fights tomorrow?!?! Fuck yeah! I got something to watch at work tomorrow! Woooo!". IT WAS A LIE! A DAMN DIRTY LIE!!!
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Bot? what bot?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Bot? what bot?
    Am I losing my mind?
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Am I losing my mind?
    It is a possibility.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

These aren't the bots you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Holy shit, I thought yushin got back in the ufc with out me knowing. I was pretty excited lol.

I was just thinking "man, Tex is fighting again already?!" Then, "oh wait, I bet it's spam." Then, "Hmm, I wonder if that pretty girl I was talking to will go out with me and let me touch her boobs." This has been a moment in the mind of AnchorPunch.

Thread Information