Thread: Burkman v. Carl for WSOF welterweight championship

Hybrid View

Default Burkman v. Carl for WSOF welterweight championship

http://fightlinker.com/burkman-v-car...tlinker.com%29

It’s been a busy week in MMA, and it all culminates today with one spectacular event: the World Series of Fighting’s announcement that it will award its first championship belt in October.

Josh Burkman and Steve Carl will vie for the welterweight strap at World Series of Fighting 6 on Oct. 26 in Coral Gables, inaugurating a title that will no doubt be contested in several thrilling scraps over decades of peaceful coexistence with Major League Baseball.
    “I think that matchup will be something special,” WSOF President Ray Sefo said. “The whole lineup we’re planning will be fantastic, and I look forward to making more announcements very soon.”

The card will co-feature a bantamweight fight between Carson “Little Juggernaut” Beebe and Marlon Moraes, as well as Dan Lauzon versus undefeated lightweight Justin “Gidget” Gaethje. The main card will air live on NBC Sports Network beginning at 9pm. As of press time, Gaethje has not agreed to his nickname.

Carl has won his last 6 fights by first round submission. Not bad.Don't know why they didn't just make Fitch/Burkman for the title, but whatevs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

makes since i guess...

Thread Information