Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mir vs Overeem added to UFC 167

If Overeem loses this, my face may explode from amount of facepalms he caused me.

Bellator must be very happy, because very soon they will have Frank Mir in their roster.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I have to applaud Mir for excepting this. After the competition that he has been put up against lately you would think he would be asking for Ken Shamrock or Tank Abbott so that he knew he would still have a job.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

Quote Originally Posted by JustScrap View Post
    I have to applaud Mir for excepting this. After the competition that he has been put up against lately you would think he would be asking for Ken Shamrock or Tank Abbott so that he knew he would still have a job.
    He already beat Tank Abbott lol

Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
    Rashad Evans vs Chael Sonnen
    Frank Mir vs Alistair Overeem
    Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
    Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

loser leaves ufc somebody's ass gotta go! I'd rather it be Mir, but Overeem has been such a disappointment too. I still don't think he's "overrated" just "under-focused" He has all the tools and experience to become champ, but you can't do shit if you don't have focus and discipline.....right Melvin Guillard?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    loser leaves ufc somebody's ass gotta go! I'd rather it be Mir, but Overeem has been such a disappointment too. I still don't think he's "overrated" just "under-focused" He has all the tools and experience to become champ, but you can't do shit if you don't have focus and discipline.....right Melvin Guillard?

I think Overeem would be much better if he would drop this "I'm invincible" attitude and put his skills to better use.

I think that Mir gets destroyed. His chin just can't take much anymore and add that to the fact that he is going to eat some knees on that chin....he's done. Mir should hang them up.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Mir has to last 3:00 and then the fight is his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Mir wilts under pressure, especially while being mauled in the clinch against the fence, which is Overeem's MO. He doesn't have Travis Browne's courage under fire, and would not come back from a similar assault. He struggles to get fights to ground, has been both ragdolled and bullied to a losing decision and brutally finished in the past few years, showing that is beatable in a number of ways. On paper this is a horrendous matchup for Mir.

So why do I have this weird feeling that Mir will submit him in the first?

Finally a win for one these guys.

Thread Information