Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mir vs Overeem added to UFC 167

two of the biggest men in the UFC with the least amount of hart

Alistair Overeem: If I lose to Frank Mir, I'll quit MMA
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-Ill-quit-MMA/

"If I lose to Frank Mir, I have to find something else to do," said Overeem.

"I just lost my last fight and was just thinking about what I was going to do next and have a nice holiday. The fight is coming way more sooner than I expected...I was aiming for maybe December, January. But I'm a fighter and I love to be active."

It seems like it's easy to make Mir move backwards and against the cage. If that happens, I see Mir getting pounded on like Travis Browne did except Mir doesn't have the heart that Browne does.

Overeem does tend to overcommit and leave gaping holes in his defence. I can see Mir diving in for a leg [given his confidence in pulling guard] and who knows, he may actually get it.

If Mir acknowledges that he's already lost the standup battle before the fight starts and really commits to pulling guard, he has a very good chance of either subbing Overeem IMO, or at the very least, exhausting him and possibly working the top game in the second half of the fight.

If he stands for any extended amount of time with Overeem, it'll be the same ole rinse, lather, repeat VIOLENT Mir loss.

For Mir to win, he has to visualize it...

"A congenital heart defect has apparently felled Overeem moments before he could step into the ring."

He has to know that all he has to do is make overeem uncomfortable. Make it harder than he thinks it should be and reem will find a way out.

If reem comes out fast and stays on Mir, its over.

two of the biggest men in the UFC with the least amount of hart
    This comment baffles me. Mir has a TON of heart. His problem is that he doesn't have the tools to exploit his advantages and when he tries to, he takes a ton of damage.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    This comment baffles me. Mir has a TON of heart. His problem is that he doesn't have the tools to exploit his advantages and when he tries to, he takes a ton of damage.
    I agree, if Mir has anything it is definitely heart. If there is a way for him to win the fight, he will usually find that sliver and grab onto it, the problem is that most of the time he just doesn't have the tools necessary to beat the other guy.

I, as usual, will be rooting for Mir in this one. I am worried that AO will push him up against the cage early and could lead to a bad spot for Mir, but I don't think AO beats any of the three that beat Mir recently either. Mir should just immediately go for the ground with Reem. I believe he will win, just not sure by what submission yet.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information