Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks reportedly not following throughon VADA testing

Default Johny Hendricks reportedly not following throughon VADA testing

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-VADA-testing/

The French Canadian siteTVSAports.ca is reporting that Johny Hendricks has not filled out paperwork for Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) testing that a frustrated UFC welterweight champion George St-Pierre had requested to allay entirely baseless rumors that he had used PEDs at some point.

When asked initially if he would participate, Hendricks agreed, and in good humor.

"Heck ya," said Hendricks in an interview with UFC Central Radio on Sportsnet 590 The Fan in July. "The worst thing that they're going to find is a little bit of protein in my diet. If eating wild hogs and organic deer meat and a little bit of glutamine is bad for the ol' system, then I might fail."

However, Hendricks fights St-Pierre on November 16, and WADA wants an eight week window for tests, so Hendricks theoretically has until around September 22 before he could be ineligible.

For now, the American has not filled out the paperwork that would give the green light to the anti-doping agency VADA to monitor drug levels by the fighters preparing for teh confrontation in Quebec this fall.

Dr. Margaret Goodman, President of VADA, confirmed to TVA Sports on Wednesday that Hendricks has not taken steps to become a "member" of the organization.

Meanwhile, St-Pierre is submitting as promised to doping tests. On Wednesday TVA Sports witnessed the champion submit to a check in the middle of a workout.

St-Pierre is paying for the testing out of pocket; the bill amounts to more than $20,000.

LOL. Hendricks ducking the system - very funny imo

Well, if he's got until the 22nd he's still got time right? Lets make it news when it's actually news.

That's true, however he's only giving his critics ammunition by waiting as long as he can. There will certainly be people saying he's trying to cycle off right now and will be clean by the 22nd.

Eight weeks is also the bare minimum that WADA requires. More is better.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Too much spinach intake for Hendricks.

Does Hendrick have to pay out of pocket too? 20k is pocket change to GSP. I'm not sure what Hendricks makes per fight right now.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

1) I could give a fuck less about gsp ever have taking steroids. But... 2) how does him doing this vada stuff prove that be has never taken peds (it just shows he is not now). 3). Why would you volunteer for this? (Maybe the army in me says dont volunteer for shit) I can understand if they make u but it kinda seems like if I got a job and said "I want to take a piss test" and the boss said u dont have to. Seems like a lot of extra hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    (Maybe the army in me says dont volunteer for shit) I can understand if they make u but it kinda seems like if I got a job and said "I want to take a piss test" and the boss said u dont have to.
    1) No kidding! seems ironic not volunteering for anything while standing in a uniform we volunteered to wear.

2) It's a champion taking the initiative to promote stronger testing in the sport. The process has to begin somewhere.

Agree roghntumble, would be nice to see the champions do something about fighter pay.

Quote Originally Posted by JustScrap View Post
    Does Hendrick have to pay out of pocket too? 20k is pocket change to GSP. I'm not sure what Hendricks makes per fight right now.
    For his last four bouts, his base salary to show has been $26k. Obviously he won all four, making it $52k, plus a few KO of the Night bonuses. But still, he isn't making the kind of money to be expected to just shell out a voluntary $20k.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Thread Information