Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks reportedly not following throughon VADA testing

GSP:
    a) He's been accused of using previously and responded by saying he would "welcome" strict testing.
    b) He's a famous name in sports and people love celebrity gossip.
    c) Even with the above, the difference in reaction is just speculation on the part of a few people here.

Hendricks:
    a) He's never been associated with steroid use.
    b) He's never talked much about its use in the sport.
    c) He's not a well known name, hence no celebrity gossip.
    d) The deadline hasn't actually past and Hendricks hasn't failed to do his VADA testing yet.

All and all, I can't see how this is more than shoddy journalism, speculation, and whining.

FG - What's your actual beef? That GSP has been unfairly accused?

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...s-wada-testing

It appears UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre will proceed with enhanced drug testing conducted by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) for his title defense against Johny Hendricks at UFC 167.
    Hendricks, on the other hand, will participate in the NSAC's testing, but not with VADA, after St-Pierre's camp hedged on participating in an enhanced testing program recently approved by the NSAC.

Hendricks' manager, Ted Ehrhardt, is suspicious about VADA testing after he discovered that the association is footing the bill of St-Pierre's tests, which contradicts the champ's earlier claim that he would pay for the two of them.

"GSP's had a black cloud over him for years (with) people thinking he's on HGH (human growth hormone) or whatever they think he's on, and I think he's trying to clear his name, and we just happen to be the fight that he's doing it," Ehrhardt told MMAjunkie.com.
    The program, which was detailed by the NSAC during the call, is run by a WADA-accredited lab in Salt Lake City. The NSAC currently employs out-of-competition testing, but the new lab moves closer to what Kizer calls "enhanced drug testing," or what many say is Olympic-style testing.
    "I made it quite clear that if you guys want to do additional testing on your own, that's fine," Kizer said. "But if you're serious about it and you're not looking to hire someone yourself to do it, I said, 'This is how you do it. We're happy to help you help us, but that's a decision you need to make because you need to fund it.'"

Kizer, however, also was concerned when St-Pierre's reps asked questions about the list of substances the WADA program tests for, in addition to when the drug tests would be conducted and who would conduct them.
    Hmm, maybe it's heating up. I honestly don't really care but, again, I'm one of the cranks who believes that they're all doing something illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...s-wada-testing

Hmm, maybe it's heating up. I honestly don't really care but, again, I'm one of the cranks who believes that they're all doing something illegal.
    I'd love to see how it would get downplayed by ppl if Gsp ever tested positive. I mean Hendricks is getting shit and like you said, he's never been linked to any of that shit. I also think a lot of ppl have or are taking something illegal.

Overeem, Sonnen, Cyborg, Barnett have all tested positive and get bashed all the time. Hell, even Mir has been bashed and to my knowledge he has yet to test positive for something but is already talked about as such. But GS...... here come the fanboys to attack.

Hendricks camp: VADA instead of WADA = NADA

"GSP asked if we would drug test," said Ehrhardt. "He didn't say VADA or anything else at first, he just asked for drug testing and Johny said, 'Of course I'll drug test.' Then he said VADA, and then it came to us that VADA is giving the testing to him for free."

"Somehow he has a relationship with VADA. I don't know to what degree, but that made us a little nervous and since we don't work for GSP, we work for the UFC, and we're fighting in Nevada, so they're the commission, we talked to both of them. We did a conference call with GSP's manager and trainer, the Nevada commission, UFC representative and myself, and we talked about him wanting us to do VADA."

The Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) suggested using the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) to conduct the testing, and apparently all parties initially agreed.

"A week later, GSP's attorney asked 15 or 20 questions about how WADA is going to test for this and that, how are they going to move the tests, how are they going to do this, a ton of questions," said Ehrhardt. "He wanted to have predetermined times. It's not random if you know when they're coming. He had questions about what they test for, and that's another red flag. Why do you care what they test for, if you're clean, you're clean? We didn't ask one question. We were just ready to test WADA, that's what we wanted to do, and he didn't want to."

NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer offered further details, in an interview with MMAJunkie.

"They were asking, 'Well, what do you test for?' My answer is always the same: We test for prohibited substances as listed on the WADA list," said Kizer. "(They said), 'Well, what does that mean? Does that mean HGH, does that mean this, does that mean that?' Yes, it means it all. The answer then should have been, 'OK.'"

"Basically, they said we want to know all the tests you do so Georges' medical advisors can vet the test first before we decide.

"I said, 'I will take that as a no. We will let you know if we're going to do any testing on our own. Goodbye.'"

"(GSP's Attorney) actually had the gall – this Rodolphe (Beaulieu) guy – (to say), 'Well, no, that's not what we meant. We're happy to do it once we get this additional information, but I'm going to be done for the next seven days, and I'm unavailable via cell phone or email.' It's like, whatever dude. It was so ridiculous. But I don't hold any of that against Georges St-Pierre. As far as I know, he doesn't even know about these things."

"I don't know if it's just his people being overly aggressive, or trying to act as agents of VADA – I have no clue, and I don't care. But when an athlete's representative is basically saying, 'Well, he's interested in perhaps doing enhanced testing, but we need to know – and more importantly, his medical advisors need to know – all the ins and outs of the testing before he'll agree to it,' that's a no. That's a refusal, and that's fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Hendricks camp: VADA instead of WADA = NADA
    Sounds very suspect but this will be ignored lol. Why would you ask about specific stuff like HGH unless you messed with some of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Sounds very suspect but this will be ignored lol. Why would you ask about specific stuff like HGH unless you messed with some of those things.
    Because if you're anything like lot of people in this world knowing is extremely important even if it has nothing to do with you. I am a person that needs to glean as much information about everything I can in any circumstance so I would totally want to know what are things that are tested and how are they tested. I see nothing wrong with them asking about that.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

A guy was asked what he was getting tested for - wow he must have been using said things he asked about. That has to be the stupidest thing ive herd in a long time.

Anyone in their right mind would ASK what is being tested for - shit im not taking PEDs and before my knee surgery they were testing my blood and you better bet your ass I asked that they were testing for. Doesn't mean I have anything to hide but I like to be in the know when it comes to things regarding my body.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    A guy was asked what he was getting tested for - wow he must have been using said things he asked about. That has to be the stupidest thing ive herd in a long time.

Anyone in their right mind would ASK what is being tested for - shit im not taking PEDs and before my knee surgery they were testing my blood and you better bet your ass I asked that they were testing for. Doesn't mean I have anything to hide but I like to be in the know when it comes to things regarding my body.
    Athletes know what a PED is. Look up your own posts for "stupidest things I've heard in a long time" you say the stupidest shit whenever it involves a fighter who's dick youre riding. You are an idiot and arguing with you is pointless cuz you'll just drag me down to your level and win with your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Athletes know what a PED is. Look up your own posts for "stupidest things I've heard in a long time" you say the stupidest shit whenever it involves a fighter who's dick youre riding. You are an idiot and arguing with you is pointless cuz you'll just drag me down to your level and win with your experience.
    Pot meet Kettle Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pot20kettle20black20by20john20takai20dreamstime.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	594

Seems like some are jumping to conclusions here. I'm not saying it doesn't seem a little odd that specific questions like that are being asked, but maybe there's another reason. Perhaps they are wondering if WADA is actually going to test for everything VADA is testing for. As in, GSP's attorney was seeking info to compare both testing procedures, to decide whether the recommended WADA actually does more efficient, similar, or less efficient testing than VADA. GSP apparently is having his testing with VADA paid for by them, and I'm assuming he would have to pay for WADA testing himself. Potential unnecessary expense if both organizations essentially do the same testing.

The questioning does seem odd, so much so, that even the Athletic Commission thinks so too. Can't really blame GSP too much for this though, attorney's are the most intelligent people when it comes to common sense some times. Probably didn't realize that information he was seeking is likely online. I'm no GSP nut hugger, I'm just simply throwing this logical thought out there.

Thread Information