+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks reportedly not following throughon VADA testing

1. Default

I find it less suspect that they want a list of tested substances then that they want set testing times.. that seems more questionable to me.

Other's weighing in:

So Georges St. Pierre just wants people who fight him to use his anti-doping tests of choice so that he can clear his name from the rumors of him using some form of HGH can just quietly go away. The thing is, in his past few fights there has been some push back from his opponents who found his organization of choice, VADA, to be a bit particular, to say the least.

In the past Carlos Condit wanted to use NSAC-approved USADA for testing, but GSP insisted on VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association), with Condit not understanding why GSP would only use the organization that he selected and nothing else. The same issue has arisen now for John Hendricks, who wishes to use WADA (World Anti-Doping Association), which is by far the more reputable organization. The WADA testing would involved out-of-competition testing, but apparently GSP’s camp is not responding to these requests.

There is also an issue where GSP has talked about doing these tests out-of-pocket, but him not actually having to pay for them. This, without a doubt, does not look good for GSP, as this has happened multiple times now.
    http://mmanuts.com/news/the-johny-he...i-doping-saga/

And here's an article on Carlos wanting USADA: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/11...ing-vada-usada

I think GSP saying that he'll pay out of pocket but multiple sources suggesting that VADA actually covers him is pretty interesting. Could be purely financial, but still shady.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Other's weighing in:

http://mmanuts.com/news/the-johny-he...i-doping-saga/

And here's an article on Carlos wanting USADA: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/11...ing-vada-usada

I think GSP saying that he'll pay out of pocket but multiple sources suggesting that VADA actually covers him is pretty interesting. Could be purely financial, but still shady.

Just makes it look worse for him. Yet the same fanboys who bash Mir (whom has yet to test positive), will ignore and bash anybody who believes he does. I'm just waiting for a positive test. But I doubt it would happen since he refuses to use anything other than VADA.

I've always thought he was on something. A guy who went to my gym had once told me he gets his anabolics from the same doctor who prescribes Gsp, although I never take some shit like that serious from someone who is only an aquaintance. But I've never doubted that he's been on something.

I think GSP saying that he'll pay out of pocket but multiple sources suggesting that VADA actually covers him is pretty interesting. Could be purely financial, but still shady.[/QUOTE]

When this first broke, I shrugged it off as Hendricks agreeing to VADA test and then just messing with Georges' head, as St. Pierre has deliberately done to others. I didn't expect it to actually have any relevance. It might not have any legitimate relevance, but it's getting interesting, to say the least. I don't really care about GSP/Hendricks, but I do want more information on Kizer's new project: who, what, where and how.

I couldn't seem to get a straight answer, either: is Georges going through with Kizer's additional level of testing, or did he decline it after his camp asked "all those questions?" I don't think anything is an admission of guilt, but if his agenda is to seriously clean up the sport, I expect him to comply...with both, if necessary. It would be funny if he's sponsored by VADA and they have exclusive rights to his urine/blood/hair.

But really, if there are additional levels of testing, I feel zuffa should be looking for a package deal and sponsoring the tests, not having individual fighters do it. They should incorporate that into contracts: if you fail a test and don't get banned for life [and you absolutely should get banned for life, but zuffa is too pussy to do it] you forfeit the company sponsoring your tests: you still have to take them all, you just have to pay out of pocket now.

But that will never happen.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Juiced up fighters are good for business. Ask Pride.

Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    When this first broke, I shrugged it off as Hendricks agreeing to VADA test and then just messing with Georges' head, as St. Pierre has deliberately done to others. I didn't expect it to actually have any relevance. It might not have any legitimate relevance, but it's getting interesting, to say the least. I don't really care about GSP/Hendricks, but I do want more information on Kizer's new project: who, what, where and how.

I couldn't seem to get a straight answer, either: is Georges going through with Kizer's additional level of testing, or did he decline it after his camp asked "all those questions?" I don't think anything is an admission of guilt, but if his agenda is to seriously clean up the sport, I expect him to comply...with both, if necessary. It would be funny if he's sponsored by VADA and they have exclusive rights to his urine/blood/hair.

But really, if there are additional levels of testing, I feel zuffa should be looking for a package deal and sponsoring the tests, not having individual fighters do it. They should incorporate that into contracts: if you fail a test and don't get banned for life [and you absolutely should get banned for life, but zuffa is too pussy to do it] you forfeit the company sponsoring your tests: you still have to take them all, you just have to pay out of pocket now.

But that will never happen.

rh
    Only Catch i can see Riv is this: IT is the AC's that test, suspend, etc. not the UFC. It would be very tough for the UFC to force fighters to VADA when it is not mandated by the governing body of the sport. If the NSAC made it part of their mandatory testing then we are talking a whole new level of testing to clean up the sport. But Kizer is a chicken shit too..

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    "Most tested"? Idk where you're getting that from. All I'm simply saying anyway is that all VADA is proving is that he's not cycling now. Ppl get so touchy over gsp, simmer down lol.
    champions get tested after every fight that is why. all other fighters are randomly tested.

As I understand it, there isn't any governing body for the sport. There are governing bodies for individual events.

So the bout agreements could be drafted--and the fighters could then choose to sign them or not--with the inclusion of any testing, instead of a boilerplate "follow any testing regulations by the AC" statement. I highly doubt any AC is going to object to any regulation that increases testing, but again, there are crazy egos involved, so maybe.

If they didn't sponsor a fighter's testing after a failed drug test, it could be written off not as a punishment, but simply as a privilege that was forfeited with the failed exam.

IF zuffa made this standard, it would far outstrip anything any other professional sport would have done, and would have a pretty huge positive impact on general PR...but I doubt it would offset the havoc such a stand would have on their roster.

I don't see it happening, but it would be nice.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gummy View Post
    Here's an idea:

How about during the event when they show the matchup graphics (age, country, record, weight, etc) they add a note at the bottom of it *this fighter has passed optional VADA testing for this fight *this fighter declined optional VADA testing for this fight

And a new rule:
    Fighters will not be allowed to discuss drug testing during training camp, but instead, will have to answer to media questions AFTER the fight.

for example:
    At the post fight press conference: "Hey Johnny, why did you decline VADA testing even though GSP offered to pay for it?" "Sorry guys, I thought since it was voluntary and not mandatory, it would be a distraction to my training"

So then we wouldn't have to deal with this so called media bullying before the fight
    lol FIIIGGGHHTTTTIIIINNNGGGG out the blue corner!! THis man is a wrestler and a striker who declined optional VADA testing weighing in at 170 pounds fighting out of somewhere, USA JJJJOOOOHHHNNNNNNNYYYY BIG RIGG HHHHEEENNNDDDDRRRIIICCCKKKSSS!!!!!
    Last edited by IceCold48; 09-09-2013 at 02:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information