Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks reportedly not following throughon VADA testing

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    champions get tested after every fight that is why. all other fighters are randomly tested.

Oh ok thanks for clarifying that. But by that logic Anderson Silva should be most tested then since he had more defenses, no?

Johny Hendricks: GSP 'threw me under the bus' on 'shady' VADA testing
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/9/...y-vada-testing
    "You can test me today for anything," Hendricks said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "Today, tomorrow, you name the time, I'll be there."

The problem, as Hendricks sees it, is that St-Pierre's camp has insisted the testing be conducted through the Las Vegas-based Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, a company which prominently features St-Pierre on the front page of its website.

To Hendricks, that's cause to question VADA's impartiality.

"I don't know GSP and for him to say ‘yeah, let's go take the test over here and nowhere else that I suggested or that even the UFC suggested,' that's a little suspect to me," Hendricks said. "My career is held in his hands and here he has a foot in the door with the VADA group."

Hendricks went on to liken it to two people applying for the same job.

"That's like if you're trying out for a job, and a guy says, hey, we're both trying out for the same job, you both gotta sign up for a drug test," Hendricks said. "And he says ‘hey I've got a really good guy that you can drug test over here.' Are you going to take that drug test over here with someone that he knows, or are you going to get someone you don't know, so that way it's on equal grounds?"

The way Hendricks sees it, his Nov. 16 match with GSP at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, in the main event of the company's 20th anniversary event, is his big shot at the money that goes with a top position. And he's not willing to risk that on anything that appears to be less than a level playing field.

"I'm not willing to say ‘You know what GSP, you might be correct, they may not be shady, they might do it 100 percent correct," he said. "But you're talking about, I beat GSP that's millions of dollars. If I do this drug test, and they do do something to where I don't get it, now it might cost me millions of dollars, I'm not willing to risk that for GSP just to sit here and push VADA."

A conference call was recently held in which representatives from both camps, along with the UFC and the Nevada Athletic Commission, attempted to hash out the situation.

"There's some suspect things that have been going on the last three weeks, first off," Hendricks said. "My manager, his management group and the UFC and the Nevada commission, they got on the phone and they talked an hour or so. I wasn't on the conference call. We said yeah, we'll test for anything, but we don't know how deep and we don't still know if GSP is in with VADA."

According to Hendricks, who was not on the conference call, his camp offered to do testing through the World Anti-Doping Agency, the International Olympic Committee-affiliated testing agency.

"Once we found out it was a little suspect, we said, let's still do the drug testing, but let's take it a step further," he said. "Let's go to WADA, the world Olympic testing. The Nevada commission, they picked WADA, they had nothing but good things to say. ... We wanted to do WADA. When the UFC said let's do WADA, I was 100 percent ready for that."

It started to get a little personal for Hendricks when St-Pierre decided to proceed with VADA testing without Hendricks' involvement.

"Then all of a sudden a week later after the conference call, I didn't know GSP was going to be doing a drug test, then it comes out that ‘Johny denied it,'" he said. "I said hey, you didn't even tell me you were going to do VADA. The last I heard from my management and the UFC was WADA. Then GSP just went and did VADA on his own and threw me under the bus to clear his name."

Hendricks was asked if GSP's overtures to test through VADA was an attempt at playing head games.

"I really believe he has a reason to be scared," the former NCAA champion wrestler said. "I think I can beat GSP. I believe it. There's a part of me, I believe 100 percent I can beat GSP. Is that why he's doing it? Is he playing head games to try to distract me? I don't know. I don't know GSP. There's a lot of ways that this can play and I'm just not buying it.

"I know I'm not taking anything," Hendricks continued. "I know I'm clean. I can pass any drug test given to me at any point at any time. It's just that I don't like that somebody has a foot in the door [with VADA]. That's my biggest concern. There's certain things going around, that affects what's going to happen. It doesn't affect me. I know I'm never going to fail a drug test. I haven't yet and I know I'm not going to. If I need drugs to help me when then I don't want to do it."
    UFC 167: GSP's trainer calls for drug testing by both VADA and the NSAC
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/9/...s-drug-testing

Firas Zahabi @Firas_Zahabi

@RD_Bruiser Just for the record our camp does not have a "close relationship" with Vada. Let's do every test under the sun! No math Qs plz
    7:14 PM - 7 Sep 2013
    Liver Kick @LiverKickdotcom

@JasonAmadi why is he so dead set on VADA and VADA only? The whole thing is a horse and pony show so GSP can say "See! Not on PEDs!" anyway

@LiverKickdotcom @JasonAmadi our side has asked to do both tests. That's should make everyone happy. GSP is 100% drug free.
    4:25 PM - 8 Sep 2013

@LiverKickdotcom VADA & NSAC are both good but also have their pros and cons. Let's do both test and make everyone happy. This is the plan.
    4:27 PM - 8 Sep 2013
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 09-09-2013 at 08:53 PM.

"That's like if you're trying out for a job, and a guy says, hey, we're both trying out for the same job, you both gotta sign up for a drug test," Hendricks said. "And he says ‘hey I've got a really good guy that you can drug test over here.' Are you going to take that drug test over here with someone that he knows, or are you going to get someone you don't know, so that way it's on equal grounds?"
    It's like if Hendricks were bad at analogies and then a guy came up to him at a gas station and asked for a cheeseburger but I missed the bus to school today.

I doubt they go through with both. But if they do, Gsp better start cycling off quick lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Oh ok thanks for clarifying that. But by that logic Anderson Silva should be most tested then since he had more defenses, no?

He said one of the most tested not the most tested.

With all the people on here talking about what an A class fair non doping great for the sport athlete gsp is... All I can picture is his corner slathering Vaseline on his back and pouring water on it during the bj penn fight... That's the first thing I see in my head when people talk about his class. But I've never been a fan so maybe I'm off base and cheating is ok every now and again. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    With all the people on here talking about what an A class fair non doping great for the sport athlete gsp is... All I can picture is his corner slathering Vaseline on his back and pouring water on it during the bj penn fight... That's the first thing I see in my head when people talk about his class. But I've never been a fan so maybe I'm off base and cheating is ok every now and again. Lol
    because the vaseline played a HUGE part in the outcome of that fight. When I say Anderson Silva is the first thing you think him wiping Vaseline on his body before the second Sonnen fight which Yves wiped off with the towel?

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    because the vaseline played a HUGE part in the outcome of that fight.
    It doesnt matter if you feel it didnt make a huge difference in the outcome of the fight.

Fact is, GSP's corner was caught doing something they should not have been doing.

Along those lines of reasoning... It doesnt matter if a fighter is on PED's, if they lose the fight.

If someone did the same thing Georges did and beat Anderson, people would go crazy.
    If someone did the same thing Georges did and beat Jones, people would go crazy.
    If Hendricks does the same thing Georges did and he beats Georges, people will go crazy.

Because people are assholes, and assholes need an excuse to go crazy.

It won't really matter if Hendricks beats Georges, anyway. Because idiots are immediately going to dismiss it as a fluke.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    It won't really matter if Hendricks beats Georges, anyway. Because idiots are immediately going to dismiss it as a fluke.

rh
    And GSP will get an immediate rematch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information