Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Johny Hendricks reportedly not following throughon VADA testing

Here's an idea:

How about during the event when they show the matchup graphics (age, country, record, weight, etc) they add a note at the bottom of it *this fighter has passed optional VADA testing for this fight *this fighter declined optional VADA testing for this fight

And a new rule:
    Fighters will not be allowed to discuss drug testing during training camp, but instead, will have to answer to media questions AFTER the fight.

for example:
    At the post fight press conference: "Hey Johnny, why did you decline VADA testing even though GSP offered to pay for it?" "Sorry guys, I thought since it was voluntary and not mandatory, it would be a distraction to my training"

So then we wouldn't have to deal with this so called media bullying before the fight
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if woodchucks could chuck wood?

They could also list other optional things like did the fighter shower the morning of the fight, did they order room service at the hotel, do they have HBO on their TV package! It'll be great! A big list of stuff that isn't mandatory to do the job!

It shouldn't be a gold star on their fighter report card. If it ever becomes mandatory then great, but until then it doesn't matter than for fighters trying to disprove a misconception, and fighter trying to accuse their opponent of something without actually saying it.

Sorry for being such a smartass.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? George literally said nothing in this article. He got flack for using steroids numerous times, from people like bj penn and nick diaz, so when he got approached by vada he agreed to it and shut everyone up about the steroid accusations. It is great that he is going to such lengths to make the sport cleaner. He even offered to pay for Hendricks, if Hendricks was up for it. I don't understand your post.

... So you're saying he is not cycling during his whole fighting camp leading up to the fight, and he won't be using PEDs during the fight? ..So when the fuck is he actually using PEDs? When he is on fucking vacation? The whole point of cycling is to use it during your intense training camps so you can get more out training and then to cycle off of it by fight time.
    Only have two words for you "reading comprehension". Stop getting all sensitive over gsp, especially if you can't even comprehend wtf I said. No need in replying to a tool like you on the subject anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Only have two words for you "reading comprehension". Stop getting all sensitive over gsp, especially if you can't even comprehend wtf I said. No need in replying to a tool like you on the subject anymore.
    I read your post and responded to what you said, not sure where you're getting the part about me not comprehending it. If by not comprehending it you mean pointing out all the reasons why it made no sense, I am not familiar with that definition. Please, feel free to grace us with your masterful comprehension. I'm serious, I'm not trying to argue about gsp fanboyism.. If you admit that gsp doesn't juice during training camps or during/leading into his fights, then when are accusing him of juicing and to what benefit?

Initial zen: I am not saying gsp juices but he fights twice a year so lets say he spends 20? weeks in camp leaving quite a few weeks of the year to recover and learn new skills. This is time where I would cycle if I was a juicer. Do you think these guys only train when they have scheduled fights?

I read your post and responded to what you said, not sure where you're getting the part about me not comprehending it. If by not comprehending it you mean pointing out all the reasons why it made no sense, I am not familiar with that definition. Please, feel free to grace us with your masterful comprehension. I'm serious, I'm not trying to argue about gsp fanboyism.. If you admit that gsp doesn't juice during training camps or during/leading into his fights, then when are accusing him of juicing and to what benefit?
    What I am simply stating is that regardless of the VADA testing, it doesn't prove that he's never used before. As in for other fights. People make it sound like oh yea this will answer a lot of questions about him doping. People who think he has will continue to do so regardless of these tests. He will only test positive for these 8 weeks. After this he can do what he wants again. I'm more curious to see if he will continue doing this every fight of his after this one.

Imo most of these guys take or have taken something. A piss test ain't hard to get past. I think the VADA thing is a good idea but believe its been brought to the table for different reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    What I am simply stating is that regardless of the VADA testing, it doesn't prove that he's never used before. As in for other fights. People make it sound like oh yea this will answer a lot of questions about him doping. People who think he has will continue to do so regardless of these tests. He will only test positive for these 8 weeks. After this he can do what he wants again. I'm more curious to see if he will continue doing this every fight of his after this one.

Imo most of these guys take or have taken something. A piss test ain't hard to get past. I think the VADA thing is a good idea but believe its been brought to the table for different reason.
    You're other post made it sound like you thought VADA was pointless, I was just saying that if fighters (gsp) agree to, and keep agreeing to, go through them, then it's a benefit. It may not prove that gsp never juiced, but proving that he isn't juicing now, leading up to a big fight, still means something.

Also, the only reason I am defending gsp is because his opinion isn't even mentioned in this article. He hasn't said anything about Hendricks in this post, so why are people bringing up how he's being a dick about it? ..That has nothing to do with this post. Gsp is going through vada and has offered to pay for Hendricks if he wants to as well, he's a big (rig) boy, he could have said no. I don't see how gsp is the bad guy here.

You're other post made it sound like you thought VADA was pointless, I was just saying that if fighters (gsp) agree to, and keep agreeing to, go through them, then it's a benefit. It may not prove that gsp never juiced, but proving that he isn't juicing now, leading up to a big fight, still means something.

Also, the only reason I am defending gsp is because his opinion isn't even mentioned in this article. He hasn't said anything about Hendricks in this post, so why are people bringing up how he's being a dick about it? ..That has nothing to do with this post. Gsp is going through vada and has offered to pay for Hendricks if he wants to as well, he's a big (rig) boy, he could have said no. I don't see how gsp is the bad guy here.
    I'm not assuming Gsp's opinion or nothing. I just question the motive on the VADA testing. It could be anything. And yes I agree Hendricks could have just said no but ppl are jumping the gun. He can still accept before September 22nd. So like somebody else said, this ain't news till then.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrocker View Post
    I have not seen such a high amount of retardation in one single thread in a long time.

I question the integrity of this forum when no one so far in this thread has opted to discuss the reason why GSP is doing this is to clean up the sport that he has worked so hard to promote and become champion in.

To even have the thought that this is a self serving act or that Voluntarily undergoing VADA testing is meaningless is nonsense. It's a step in the right direction that the sport needs.
    I agree this is a step in the right direction which the sport needs right now but...

To claim retardation because people are questioning the motives behind this is pure nut hugging. GSP was accused of PEDS his last fight, numerous fighters over the last few years have insinuated GSP uses something extra and all the controversy surrounding GSP's last fight are the reason GSP brought on this VADA testing. GSP did not do this to help clean up the sport, he did it to try to clean up his legacy and extinguish any doubters.

On another note, Hendricks still has two weeks to comply with the VADA testing so the debate this early seems a bit like mma journalism melodrama to me.

Like FG already said, if Hendricks was putting up the 20K and doing the VADA tests and it was GSP not stepping up and doing the tests people would be flipping their shit. Not this "but it doesn't prove anything - this is nothing less than GSP trying to inconvenience Big Rig" like this isn't an inconvenience for GSP you know the guy putting up the money and going through the exact same testing...

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Thread Information