http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...eshold-by-300/

One quick solution to the problem was offered by the The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which recently upped the standards for a positive test. The new requirement rightly prevents fighters from competing while high, but does not penalizing those fighters that choose to engage in marijuana on a recreation or prescription basis during the normal course of the life. Under the new standard, the marijuana testing threshold would be raised from 50 ng/mL to 150 ng/mL.

Now one of the most infliuential regulatory bodies in the world, the Nevada State Athletic Commisson (NSAC) has followed suit.

MiddleEasy has the story.

A couple of weeks ago I talked to Keith Kizer, the head of the NSAC, about marijuana and MMA. We went on for over a half hour, and at the end of the conversation my animosity towards him dissipated.

This morning I received an email from Keith Kizer letting me know that as of yesterday, the NSAC has officially raised the testing threshold of marijuana metabolites from 50 ng/mL to 150 ng/mL. That represents a 300% increase, which means you can have 3x more marijuana metabolites in your system before it's a positive test. something unprecedented in the the industry. Now that the threshold has been raised, fighters could literally smoke marijuana roughly up until a week before their fight -- although it's best to stay off the green, leafy stuff at least two weeks prior to a 150 ng/ML test just to err on the side of caution.